French government issue statement condemning Trump for statement on Paris attack

• London targeted too -

The US president also told the National Rifle Association convention in Dallas that a “once very prestigious hospital” in London was like a “war zone” because of knife crime.

Pile of crud went after England as well, isn’t he going there soon? That visit isn’t going to end well.

Just a statement of fact. A handful of permit holders would certainly had a decent chance to break it all up.

It isn’t a disrespect of the victims either but rather French gun laws.

The french people seem to disagree

Yes., And they have a right to disagree (though I think we are talking about the french government and media, which is not necessarily the same as the french people). Just as Trump had a right to state his position, which is at least arguably correct.
Guess who’s right to speech the American left will support?

what a ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■

He’s free to say it. But it makes him sound like an ■■■■■■■■

What Trump said was true. He didn’t disrespect the victims, he was outing the French government’s decision regarding gun control and they were just plain butthurt and used the victims for their own political purpose. That’s disrespecting the victims. Does anybody believe that anyone of the deceased wouldn’t wish that Trump’s scenario was true?

That pretty much sums it up. We shouldn’t be surprised at anything that comes out of his mouth. The only way he could be consoling if if he reads what is written for him - but no, he thinks he’s smarter than his advisor and ad libs with his usual callous nonsense.

He’s a fill in the blank moron. As are his fanboys who buy this nonsense.

Well he is right of course but goodness what is this going to do with the budding bromance between Trump and Macron! :broken_heart:

He’s right but that’s not a good argument for relaxing gun control in France. They haven’t gone over the tipping point like us yet. Have police more thoroughly search people going into stadiums or something. Having an armed population like the United States would be way too extreme of a solution to this issue, and bring a lot of problems of its own.

That aside, I do not see French national leaders making fun of us when we deal with the consequences of our approach to this issue. It would be nice if the President could do the same for them.

What happened to his promise to do something about gun control after Parkland?

This is as disrespectful as a vegan commenting on the death of a meat eater to cardiac arrest. Understandably, the close kin would not want to hear that noise, because there are less extreme solutions to heart disease than eating leaves for the rest of one’s life and there are better ways to deal with mass shooting​ than adding guns.

Nothing disrespectful about what i said.

Whichever side agrees with them.

What the president said was disrespectful. My mistake, I wrote that ambiguously

I believe it’ll be right behind Trump fulfilling his wall promise since he made that one first.

I don’t think what he said was disrespectful. He voiced his opinion is all. I don’t see any disrespect toward the french.

Voicing opinions can be very disrespectful though, especially when done in this manner.

For context (1:05:12):