Freedom of Speech - Canadian Style

Do you think that people can walk among a gathering acting like a social media troll, shoving cameras into faces, yelling at them, continuing to act like an idiot after repeatedly being politely asked to stop the rude behavior, is just being “threatened with arrest for speaking”?

The snowflakes bleed. What.

The country that is being discussed in this thread is Canada.

I agree. But what does that have to do with his freedom of speech?

If one is rude, shoving cameras in faces, pointing bright lights in eyes, acting like a social media troll, the police may ask you to take your show down the road. Surprise. Cue the conz snowflakes crying. Gawd.

If he was breaking the law, arrest him. What’s the problem?

Or just tell him to move on down the road instead of acting like a rw social media troll.

The fact that you had to specifically state it wasn’t in the USA is a damning indictment on the abridgment of free speech in Canada.

2 Likes

Again, I agree.

He wasn’t arrested he was told to stop.

The police are not stupid they know his sole reason of being there is to incite the crowd.

So the Canadian cops are mind readers too?

Awesome!

watch the video its clear his intent wasn’t to act as a journalist.

Yes because legally we don’t view “Free Speech” as the same thing.

He was threatened with arrest. One has to presume that he was violating the law to be threatened with arrest.

Thanks you for your opinion. I’m sure you believe that is true.

That’s pretty much what I’m saying here.

Yes and the office told him the law he was violating breach of the peace

The job of the police officer is to make sure the peaceful protest stays peaceful.

Thanks for confirmation that “freedom of speech” in Canada is just lip service.

Funny thing is the same law exist in America.
try having a public shouting match with someone outside a bar.

the police can arrest you for that.

Nothing new in Canada:

" The bookshop across the street from my office here in Washington is once again offering America Alone , Mark Steyn’s 2006 polemic about the Muslim diaspora in the West.

But it now carries this splash on the cover: “Soon to be banned in Canada.”

Inside the latest edition, Steyn, a conservative New Hampshire-based columnist who writes regularly for a number of Canadian publications, advises the reader: “If you’re browsing this in a Canadian bookstore, you may well be holding a bona fide ‘hate crime’ in your hand.”

That is a bit of self-promotion, of course, designed to sell even more copies of a book that is already a New York Times bestseller. It also happens to be true.

Steyn, at the moment, is effectively being tried, by a quasi-judicial panel in Vancouver, for insulting Islam.

Normally, that’s the sort of proceeding you’d expect to hear about in Saudi Arabia or Iran, not the West. But the British Columbia Human Rights Commission, in the cause of protecting minorities, asserts its right to judge and even restrict speech.