Free will doesn’t exist

Well the way the “culture wars” have been described by some here as a top down structure of culture shapers one would think free will is probably fairly limited

Is God considered part of the universe in all this?

I wonder if he sees the paradox in his own words. He argues that free will is an illusion then says this;

Belief in free will comes naturally to us. Scientists and commentators merely need to exercise some self-restraint…

1 Like

A 3-D map of the known universe looks strikingly similar to the neuronal networks in the brain.

I was always told the 2nd brain was a bit lower…lol

1 Like

Very true.

Excellent example!

1 Like

Could just be the “other” hemisphere for the gut brain. lol

1 Like

It 100% is not a cut and dried.

It has a lot of nuances.

It’s not a black and white thing.

Allan

What’s that?

Because they didn’t choose the action.

A bunch of genios who chose to study free will, telling me free will doesn’t exist.

Difference between chose and consciously chose

I recall this passage, which I repeat here: “Since evolutionary changes are not completely predictable, it is obvious that there is room in world for what we call free will. Each individual decision to accept, resist, or change the current order alters the probability that a particular evolutionary outcome will occur.”
–Marvin Harris

Even animals have free will.

And again, as Harris points out, the most important changes in the history of the human species have not been the conscience outcome of the participants in those changes. Free will may have an effect on evolutionary changes, but it is not guaranteed. There was no way to predict that the beginning of the Cenozoic would lead to the appearance of ■■■■ Sapiens Sapiens.

Mushrooms did that. :+1:t2::blush::+1:t2:

1 Like

Well, my cat Buttons finally trained me. Before him I had domestic cats. Now my cat has a domestic me.

1 Like

When did this become The Philosophysin’ Corner? :innocent:

1 Like

Cats domesticated themselves of their own free will, and live among us on their own terms.

1 Like