Franklin Graham Asks Christians Nationwide to Pray for President Trump June 2

A “don’t pray for the President because he’s a sinner” thread. Wow. Shouldn’t this be in the religion forum?

1 Like

here’s a fun game (h/t John Fugelsang): ask an evangelical trump supporter to name a single teaching of Christ that donald trump has fought for on a policy level. Just one.

Oh the Christian club…cool.

Have you met the OP?

1 Like

That doesnt make sense

He tries to beat Christians over the head with their religion.

1 Like

Sure…

Yeah…morally superior.

Too funny.

Tell me a single teaching of Christ that a politician should fight for. Just one.
Neither Christ nor any New Testament writer called on government to institute religiously based laws.

2 Likes

It’s astounding shameless! :astonished: :crazy_face: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Franklin Graham asks us to pray for our president. Maybe he knows what he’s talking about.

Romans 13:1
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

Titus 3:1
Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good.

Then you have those who say differently, as in this thread:

Matthew 7:15
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

2 Likes

Search his posts. It’s the new thing.

1 Like

Irony. Sweet irony.

My church prays for civil authorities, which includes the President, at every divine liturgy. Nothing new for us.

The same was true even when the civil authorities were Soviet atheists.

Wow. What kind of pastor did you grow up with?

1 Like

Pray for the pool boy.

2 Likes

They love Graham but hated Jeremiah Wright

I fail to see the point of your OP??? Why would you even care what Christians are praying about???

I’ve never been to a church except for weddings, funerals and baptism.

Does that make me heathen?