Frank Luntz and why the term "Concentration camp" works

Hispanics are persecuted in the US? How so?

Well, their persecution comes from Drug Gangs back home.

Those Drug Gangs wouldn’t exist without our misguided “War on Drugs”.

So it seems kind of cruel to punish people escaping from the violence we ostensibly helped create.

1 Like

Both sides are guilty. At least we’re not pretending logic anymore. Progress!

Death Panels!

1 Like

The children in those concentration camps are persecuted.

The only difference here is the GOP gets messaging from focus groups, the Dems tend to stumble onto them and quite rarely in comparison.

But once they stumble onto it, why not beat it into the ground like the GOP does routinely?

1 Like

Let’s call them “Ayn Rand Day Care Centers”

If they want toothpaste and soap those parasitical children should earn them.

2 Likes

If we start listing them all, we’ll be here for a month. :wink:

Well, if they’re parasitic, we need to call them Extended stay summer quarantine camps.

You honestly believe that? You really think dems just “stumble onto it”?

Come on Torey!

The mean Puerto Rican lady used words that make it seem that denying children the very basics that are required by law for their detention in overcrowded facilities is a very bad thing.

Of course there is going to be outrage over word choice and not the fact that children are denied the basics that are required by law for their detention in overcrowded facilities.

1 Like

@toreyj01 see, it works.

Put those toddlers to work. They can have soap when they earn it.

1 Like

I received an automated reply from The Church, they said the secretary will get with me today. Amazon is on stand by.

I know I can count on you.

Because they’re brown. And Trump is a racist.

It is a rather odd thing that when learning that the administration has failed in it’s responsibilities to provide adequate care to children being held in detention that the argument is about the correct messaging of this failure.

Really ■■■■■■ up priorities.

2 Likes

That article was excellent, but nowhere in that article did it state Obama separated children from the families. Those Border Agents sound like mean hombres.

The records show that the leadership at Customs and Border Protection were well aware of the allegations of unlawful child abuse — including people still now directing the agency — yet there is no indication that any individual official was ever held accountable for abuse.

It’s not Trump. It’s not the GOP. It’s The Machine.

I don’t think it stems from a focus group, that’s for sure.

They just blurt things out.

This one just stuck.

Did you see that toadie Pence on Face the Nation, defending this practice?