Fox Op-Ed: How Long Will I Be Allowed to Remain a Christian?

adopts best dramatic movie voice

"In a world…where liberalism has run amok…turning what was once a land of peace and plenty into a dystopian nightmare overrun with mobs of women, minorities, homosexuals, and Muslims who dare with impunity to behave as though they should be regarded as equals…one man stands alone against the apocalyptic horde. A man broad of shoulder pads and pursed of lip…with steely gaze and grabby hands…

One man is…The Trumpinator."

3 Likes

I hope Brad Stine is in it.

They are equating President Trump to King Cyrus. The funny thing is they were insisting that he was a Christian according to the first prophesy, then the story changed that he became a Christian after the election, and now they are pushing the narrative that he is an ungodly man that God is using to accomplish his will.

1 Like

Evidently god has one hell of a sense of humor.

1 Like

What these “Christians” are really worried about isn’t that they can’t be Christian. It’s that they can’t be bigots who hate gays, Muslims, Libs, etc.

Christians who follow the teachings of Christ, aren’t worried about a thing. Those who follow Supply Side Jesus and preach hate are quaking in their boots.

4 Likes

Exactly. 78% of the US population identifies as christian, so I don’t think the actual religion is going anywhere soon. Now bigotry in the name of religion is another matter.

2 Likes

Supply side jesus lol

1 Like

It’s uncanny how accurate that comic is of today’s US Evangelical Christian.

I do think that the hate and vitriol you see spewed by the Christian Right will turn more and more off to the religion, especially the younger generation who accept and welcome gays, different religions, women’s equality, etc.

But until there’s some law proposing banning Christianity, then it’s just pathetic attempt at victimhood. These people are never truly happy unless they can paint themselves as victims to make excuses for their lives.

If you’re in the 78% majority and you allow yourself to be persecuted, you deserve what you get, because you’re pathetic and weak.

3 Likes

I find the ironic thing is that all these people boo-hooing about being persecuted and incessant complaining are the same ones telling everyone else to suck it up buttercup and stop being such a snowflake.

They really do a fantastic job of projecting onto others what they really feel themselves.

They still bring up “the war on christmas”, so there’s that.

The reality is that God’s plan does not depend upon who–or who is not–in office. The parent who is fixing dinner isn’t concerned that whatever is being created in the sandbox is going to somehow affect how the meal turns out.

Always cracked me up that they get so worked up at hearing Happy Holidays. Sad!

Pretty much this.

The problem stems from the fact these “Judo-Christians” are upset that the gay, lesbian, transgender, and gender non-confirming community has a voice in our society. They are becoming more and more visible, more accepted. We’re seeing the business sector fight back against the states’ discrimination laws. We’re seeing the courts tell transgender kids, use the bathroom you want. In 2015, we saw the U.S Supreme Court rule that banning gay marriage violates (obviously) the equal protection clause within the 14th amendment and the civil rights act of 1964.

Meanwhile, when you ACTUALLY look at the Old Testament, gay people are barely mentioned, and the so-called anti-gay texts has to do with rape, sex, and cheating on your spouse. It says nothing about marriage, Nothing about baking cakes or signing government contacts. As far as transgender people, it says nothing about people with their gender identity and sexual identity being polar opposites.

And when we look at it from a historical perceptive, these same kinds of “Judo-Christians” use the bible to justify slavery, segregation, and treating women as 2nd class citizens. Now their bigotry is aimed at a different kind of “other”.

1 Like

You say that like presidents are little sandcastles. It’s the POTUS. They have access to nuclear codes. They decide decisions of war. They sign and push legislation. They have major impacts on what happens to lives of everyone in the world. Tell that to the 100,000s of dead lives in Iraq. Or the millions that died in the holocaust or in Japan when the bombs dropped. Silly analogies fail again.

Pretty much everything Jesus and the Bible teaches the religious right ignores.

Jesus never condemned gays. He never condemned abortion. He said to love your neighbor. He said that the poor would inherit the earth and the rich would have difficulty entering heaven. He said let he who hasn’t sinned judge. He dined with sinners. He loved and forgave.

Yet today’s modern religious right Christian hates gays, screams about being pro life while gleefully banging the drums of war and supporting capital punishment, they hate anyone who disagrees with them, they worship money and spite the poor, they cast judgement upon others while turning a blind eye to their own transgressions.

They’re literally the anthesis to what Jesus and the Bible teach.

Are you a Christian?

platypus

I guarantee that if Democrats ever get back in power there will be death squads at churches on day 1.