Fox Op-Ed: How Long Will I Be Allowed to Remain a Christian?

ummm… have the rules changed? Are we now allowed to focus on the poster and not the topic? Are there new improved forum tools that facilitate the posting of ad hominem attacks now?

You do you, Ishy…you do you.

Could argue your first point but I won’t because it’s a complete non sequitur. What does any of this have to do with the claim that Christian treatment of homosexuality throughout history has been “quiet”?

Just showing that some accusations of causal relations between homosex and disasters are scientifically proven.

I can’t address the ridiculous ones that are posted in an obvious attempt to invalidate the serious ones. So I posted just this serious one to suggest a pause be given before rejecting all accusations out of hand.

it has nothing to do with christianity. It has everything to do with humanity. Over the years, homosex has been made either illegal or unaccepted by atheist governments, Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, Sikhs, in nations as wide ranging as the US, China, Korea, old USSR, current Russia, and Togo.

For every counter case anyone can cite where a Buddhist or atheist have given it a big thumbs up, there are multiple cases proving my point.

It is seen as an unnatural act against humanity no matter what the religion is.

not that there’s anything WRONG with that in a free country. But neither is holding opinions to the contrary.

If LGBT are persecuted by people in many places like Muslim countries, they would do anything to be delivered to American Christians .

MacKinnon is a Right Wing Southern sesecionist promoter.

Curse me if I don’t give his op-ed opinions about Christian religious persecution much credence.

Oh, I gave his name a quick google to see what he’s all about before I made this thread. :wink:

1 Like

Well he is a bit more entertaining than Todd Starnes from Fox News.

Starnes being a total religious freedom hypocrite extraordinaire, with clusters.

:slight_smile:

Thank you for agreeing with me that Christianity is not quiet about homosexuality I guess.

Christianity and the Bible teach that homosexual behavior is a sin. As are many other things sins.

The Bible gives major brownie points to the persecuted. As the dominant religion of a world superpower, feeling persecuted takes some creative mental gymnastics. Ergo Wars on Christmas, Gay Wedding Cakes ad nauseum.

1 Like

Lying, Greed, Pride, Gluttony to name a few…

Yes. Of course.

I truly hate to read this nonsense. I have been practicing my faith here for a long time and not once has it been infringed on in any way. Actually quite the contrary. It is respected and admired by everyone i meet that is,Christian or not. Chtistians own this country and always will. This notion is only fftom those who wish to hijack God for political gain. Its nonsense.

Mental gymnastics is an understatement if you ask me.

It’s just silly to compare the persequition of Christians in the middle East to this country. That is downright offensive to the true hero’s of our faith serving God under real life threatening persecution. Those aee our heroes, not these sissy Americans claiming persecution. This is the best place on Earth to be a Christian.

Christians who vote for and defend Donald Trump and promote bigotry against homosexuals and Muslims deserve to be called out.

Christian influence has waned in this country, although it is still very strong.

But many Christians look back at “the good old days” when their influence was unquestioned and unchallenged, for the most part, and yearn for those days.

And so therefore these types turn it into some sort of persecution against them.

Plus for some Christians, I think they don’t feel their faith is “real” unless they’re hated for it…taking those verses that talk about being persecuted for their faith way too literally.

1 Like

Just so. A diminishment of cultural hegemony does not equate to persecution/oppression, no matter how eager some are to claim that title.

1 Like

Not true.

Filler text to make this post greater than 10 characters but not to add any meaningful content to said post.