Fox Op-Ed: How Long Will I Be Allowed to Remain a Christian?

For the purpose of highlighting the error in logic that says “by definition, majorities cannot be oppressed” it is a useful reference.

:smile: Christians can’t have victim-hood status because too many others have already claimed it and it is almost completely worn out from overuse.

Sounds like persecution-envy right there.

I was a little gobsmacked at the absurdity of that comparison myself.

More like I see all the victim-hood going on in the U.S. today and want no part of it. Kind of a lazy way to go about righting what is wrong. Give.me.work!

So basically if Christians can’t dominate every aspect of American life then they are persecuted. Insane.

1 Like

That is exactly what’s happening - conflating a diminishment of cultural hegemony in America with persecution.

1 Like

I thought Donald made it safe to say Merry Christmas again. Did that not happen?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apparently MacKinnon is still terrified to say it for fear of persecution.

Here’s a fun exercise: count the members of Congress who are not Christian.

I’m sorry I’m still laughing at “the quiet way most of Christianity has handled homosexuality down through the ages”.

1 Like

Sounds like fun! Goody. So what shall the criteria of being a Christian be?

Roman’s 10.9

“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”

How will I know what they believe in their hearts?

Or shall we use the fruits of the spirit? From Galatians 5:
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance”

Shall we measure those things in a congressman to know who are the Christians?

So very quiet

Falwell and Robertson blaming gays and lesbians (among others) for 9/11 is a golden oldie.

A silly deflection because you know it’s almost all of them.

When the subject is whether Christians are oppressed in this country or soon to be it’s notable enough that more than 90% or Congress claims to be Christian.

and those crazed loonies over at the NIH CDC!

Estimated Numbers of New HIV Infections in the United States for the Most Affected Subpopulations, 2010

or if you like more recent stats that the crazies at the CDC use to stir up anger about the effect homosex has upon our African American brothers and sisters:

HIV Diagnoses in the United States for the Most-Affected Subpopulations, 2016

Do you honestly believe CDC stats on rates of disease are equivalent to Christian leaders blaming natural disasters and terrorists attacks on gay people?

Well, in the past libs here have sworn that HIV has nothing to do with being gay… that it is mostly caused by unprotected sex and THEREFORE has nothing to so with homosex. And yet, those homophobes at the CDC label their inflammatory graphs to emphasize such behavior as MSM, men having sex with men. Bigots!

So lovely to see you’ve carried over your tired shtick from the forums, no matter how irrelevant it may be to the topic at hand.