Fox News Military Guest: Torture Is Good, ‘It Worked on John McCain’

Trump’s party ladies and gentlemen.

A guest on Fox Business Network touted torture as an effective way to extract information from prisoners, claiming it “worked” on Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

“The fact is … it worked on John [McCain],” Retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Tom McInerney told FBN’s Charles Payne on Tuesday. “That’s why they call him ‘Songbird John.’”

“The fact is those methods can work and they’re effective as former Vice President [Dick] Cheney said,” McInerney continued. “And if we have to use ’em to save a million American lives, we will do whatever we have to.”

Pretty much everyone who has studied the effect of torture has said it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Trump own CIA director pick flat out refused to bring it back during her Congressional hearing.

What a piece of crap.

1 Like

The host had to issue an apology, and rightfully so.

Additionally, McInerney seems to have his facts wrong about McCain “singing” to his torturers.

This is how low trump supporters are going now, I see it everywhere.

2 Likes

Not surprising.

Torture may work but it isn’t a road “we” need to travel. Regarding the comment regarding McCain, it may be true but it was way out of line. Under torture, who wouldn’t say or do what ever it took…to make it stop?

Virtually all of the experts state definitively that it does not work. It produces too many false claims. And no, the comment was absolutely untrue regarding McCain.

I’m sure you do get a lot of garbage information to make the torture stop but the truth as the victim knows it, was in the confession too.

As far as McCain confessing, I wouldn’t know and wouldn’t blame him if he did.

1 Like

This seems to be the excuse du jour for people who want to employ the vilest attitudes in their criticism of McCain for his opposition to their King.

1 Like

Not a surprising comment from a guest on the Trump Propaganda Network, formerly known as Fox News.

Sad, and detestable comment, but not surprising coming from the TPN, since Trump is pro-torture.

Since it wasn’t being brought back in that confirmation hearing it was so easy to “flat out refuse” to bring it back.

Her commander in chief, should she be confirmed, is pro-torture, and I could readily see Haspel one day sitting before a war crimes tribunal claiming “I was only following orders”.

Not surprising in the least. Trump attacked McCain for being a POW and was embraced by the GOP.

Unfortunately the military is just a prop for the GOP to stand behind with their false patriotism. They used to scream about defending the troops, now they attack POWs and Gold Star Families and are embraced for doing so. Meanwhile they’re too chicken to serve or have their children serve.

That you’ve seen on the news. It depends on the objective.

Agreed.

What a piece of ■■■■■

Here’s the video.

and the ones i know have no problem sending other people’s kids to fight in wars (and potentially lose their lives) all over the place. i’ve always said they’re not PRO military. they’re pro USE of military.

1 Like