Fox News cancels Lou Dobbs' show; pro-Trump host not expected to be back on air

Conservative channels are okay. As long as they tell the truth. And so far OAN and Newsmak are going with the “Trump Won” narrative. At some point the Republicans have to get honest or they are going to continue to lose biglfy.

1 Like

2.7 reasons to fire Dobbs

An economic firing.

Allan

Fox is still the big dog for the right.

Newsmax a distant second.

OAN not on the radar

On the left CNN the big dog.

mSNBC nipping at its heels.

Allan

I bet NewsMax is smiling like the butchers dog.

The suit is frivolous.

This is debatable.

Care does need to be taken with fraud accusations.

Oh…I’m absolutely shocked, shocked I tell you…that it took this long. I can also see 3 other shows potentially in Fox’s liberal crosshairs.

1 Like

Then why are they behaving like they’re terrified?

Looks like the Trump bootlickers are getting the boot.

1 Like

Next stop RT? I’m thinking OANN or Newsmax wouldn’t want him in the current climate. Or he could start his own internet show- worked out great for Bill O’Reilly.

This will just drive more people to Newsmax.

I still watch Hannity and a couple more but there are many on fox since the liberal influence began that i simply will not watch.

1 Like

Dude needs to retire.

2 Likes

Did you read that article? Why are you posting it in multiple threads?

They don’t want to be a woke target.

Don’t blame them for that.

Social media silence is the real threat.

Fox Business is hardly “woke”

It is salient across a few discussions.

Shows there was a tremendous effort behind the scenes to tilt the election away from Trump.

Trump just took his accusations too far…they were out to get him though.

1 Like

You don’t think twitter would deplatform them?

How on earth can a major cable news channel be “deplatformed”?

2 Likes

Have they?

I think Fox has been walking a very fine line - do they speak to their audience, who are largely supporters of Trump and who believe that there were significant election irregularities (not confined to software issues), or do they avoid speaking about the election to avoid becoming the target of lawsuits.
IMHO, if you are a business, your customer is the viewer, and also the product you can sell to your advertisers. You may have to insure against lawsuits, you may have corporate policy that dictates what topics can be aired and what is to be avoided, but if you go out of business, it’s more likely to be because you have no more customers, and the loss of customers will affect who is willing to advertise.
Lou Dobbs’ program was highly rated, he was popular with the audience. When you stop carrying a highly rated, popular product for whatever reason, your customers will shop elsewhere. If the network is saying that Dobbs cost them money because of the lawsuit, do they not also lose money when advertisers see the drop in eyes on the screen? And I also wonder what the status of the new subscription service, Fox Nation, is and whether the cancellation of popular personalities will affect the viewing public’s willingness to subscribe.

Come on Camp! Of course “they were out to get him though”! He was the enemy. And everything they planned to stifle - he tried. He got beat like a drum on his own strategy.

They looked at how he won in '16, calculated what he would do, and countered it.

There’s nothing unethical about that.

They ganged up on him? :rofl: so what?

2 Likes