Fox deceptive on Eagles

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1003845673073238016

In an apparent effort to link Trump’s disinvitation (is that a word?) to the Eagles with kneeling protests, Fox News showed players kneeling in prayer and claimed they were kneeling during the anthem.

As far as I know, no Eagle took part in teh kneeling protests last year.

Just a flat out bald face lie to bolster the White House’s position on the Eagles visit. Unreal.

2 Likes

Deceptive? They straight out lied. Fake News!!

3 Likes

Ministry of Propaganda.

3 Likes

Fox news behavior here is simply sickening. Sickening in so many ways.

Tight end Zach Ertz, one of the players depicted, took to Twitter to blast Fox News for its inaccuracy:

This can’t be serious…. Praying before games with my teammates, well before the anthem, is being used for your propaganda?! Just sad, I feel like you guys should have to be better than this… https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/1003845673073238016

— Zach Ertz (@ZERTZ_86) June 5, 2018

1 Like

Apparently they have deleted the tweet… wonder why?

Fox News
‏Verified account @FoxNews
21m21 minutes ago

“To clarify, no members of the team knelt in protest during the national anthem throughout regular or post-season last year. We apologize for the error.” -Christopher Wallace, Executive Producer of FOX News @ Night with Shannon Bream (2 of 2)
252 replies 154 retweets 294 likes
Show this thread
Fox News
‏Verified account @FoxNews
21m21 minutes ago

“During our report about President Trump canceling the Philadelphia Eagles trip to the White House to celebrate their Super Bowl win, we showed unrelated footage of players kneeling in prayer.” (1 of 2)
123 replies 135 retweets 194 likes
Show this thread

LOL, Fake News Fox has to apologize.

1 Like

The internet is forever.

1 Like

why does fox news hate christianity???

4 Likes

Without a doubt the best fake news story of the week. Brought to us by Trump’s propaganda ministry, Fox News.

Cats after the laser spot…

1 Like

You usually get all huffy about fake news. Why not this time?

I’m not defending it. I didn’t see it, so have no opinion.

Then why attack people that did see it?

As if there was any doubt before…but it won’t matter, they just tell it like it is and we need a strong, right-wing voice in the media to balance out the MSM.

:bullseye:

It got me.
(Although I got the news via here via Trump’s Tweet).
Fakenews is Fakenews regardless of source, and
I was snookered into believing it.

minus 1 point for me.

So . . . .
what’s the real reason Pres. Trump won’t meet with the Eagles?

I’m guessing he fell for it too.

Go read the OP, then tell us your opinion.

Because of Trump’s aggressive stance on kneeling (pun intended) many Eagles indicated that they would not attend the ceremony at the White House. As stated in a few articles there were as little as 10 players planning on going. So basically Trump “canceled” the appearance to save his own face. It’s kinda like “you can’t quit! You’re fired!”

The links go no where. Did fox say Eagles kneeled last year? Or just show a pic of players kneeling.