Former US ambassador Marie Yovanovitch: Victim or co-conspirator?

Seems notable.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1217279358693519360

1 Like

I know it doesnt matter to those folks.
I understand…doesnt mean I cant point and laugh at their stupid arguments

1 Like

It’s also perfectly legal so there’s nothing to investigate.

And illegal…

Did you even see the post to which I was responding?

That poster was arguing that Giuliani was President Trump’s envoy to the Ukraine.

He wasn’t.

It’s relevant in showing that particular argument was wrong- he was not an envoy.

2 Likes

Seriously who cares? If she was committing treason there is a remedy for that. If that’s what they were talking about then they were merely defending the country. Mountain out of a molehill.

2 Likes

Amazing how someone with such a “really great brain” could make such a rookie mistake.

1 Like

Giuliani was not the ambassador to the Ukraine, but if you look at the letter that was in the Parnas documents, Giuliani, acting as the President’s personal attorney, was requesting meetings with heads of state. When such a request is made, how can you say the person is not acting as the President’s “envoy.”

Wasn’t she quickly removed from Ukraine for threats to her safety too?

1 Like

This is some literal gangster ■■■■■ Honestly that’s an insult to gangsters, who are generally smart enough to use burner phones and not use emails.

3 Likes

What’s incredibly disturbing is that nothing will come of this. The ambassador from all accounts was above reproach and an excellent asset to our diplomatic corps. A president has every right to dismiss any ambassador he wants- but intimidation and surveillance of her is insane and likely illegal. Of course in this political climate republicans will do nothing. This country right now…

Because in the letter Giuliani goes to great pains to show the distinction between Trump the individual and Trump the President, and equally great pains to state he was acting for Trump the individual.

Meaning…he was not on official government business.

This makes what Trump did worse, btw, not better. Trump the Individual doesn’t get to set US foreign policy. Only Trump the President can.

2 Likes

I used to think that Trump supporters would not care about this kind of stuff because they thought it was untrue/fake news. Now I think a lot of them don’t care because…they don’t care.

Why is it that every single new piece of evidence that is revealed or uncovered corroborates the articles of impeachment, and not a single piece, NONE, of it is exculpatory? I think the answer to this question lies in the reasoning as to why the GOP and Trump* are trying to do everything they can to deny evidence and witnesses. What Trump* did was WRONG!

*3rd Impeached President of the United States

7 Likes

If it was wrong…but it helps him win…then it is right.

1 Like

That is how it is being rationalized by many of those who place their fealty to a man, rather than to the country or the Constitution.

1 Like

It wasn’t treason, it was insubordination.

Using the power of your office for personal gain is illegal.

Sad that this ■■■■ needs to be explained, but alas, here we are.

1 Like

Yeah, Barr will get right on that.

Only to squash it.