Ford to Cut Salaried Workers Worldwide

There was absolutely nothing in my post to suggest that I support Trump’s tariffs mindlessly or otherwise. If you require my statement to have a point, it is that we regulated and priced steel and aluminum production out of the country making it necessary to import those commodities which in turn makes them subject to tariffs whatever they may be. Had that not been done, Ford would not be impacted one way or the other by those tariffs.

Are we good?

There’s no need to get huffy, I thought you wanted to have a conversation.

If Netflix hadn’t come into existence, Blockbuster would still be around.

Who exactly was in charge of the pricing of that steel and aluminum? Oh yeah…steel and aluminum producers. Wanna hear something funny…even before those burdensome regulations were imposed, the price of steel was going up…in the name of pure profit.

Also, lets keep something else in mind…using those aforementioned cheaper before regulation metals in the name of cost benefit probably explains why right down the road from the Ford offices, the people are drinking water from bottles because the water running through those cheap assed pipes is killing them. My point here is that not regulating something isn’t always the best policy. We deregulated the airline industry, and planes started experiencing issues at an alarming rate…and prices didn’t come down one red cent to boot. Airline execs pocketed the money they were no longer spending on maintainence and idiots applauded the free market working so great.

It wasn’t Netflix that killed Blockbuster…it was peer to peer sharing and the advent of the DVD burner.

But your point still stands. lol

With help from Redbox and the top brass at Blockbuster.

Carbon fiber. If it ever gets cheap enough.

Me huffy? You’re the one who jumped on a casual comment and tried to make a Federal case out of it. There is so much anger around here anymore. I’m ■■■■■■■ sick of it.

1 Like

You are fortunate to be in a union.

Imagine if we had smart people who actually looked into the reasons why certain goods were made in some countries and not others instead of assuming tariffs and protectionism and deregulation would equal out production.

1 Like

Regulations had nothing to do with the decline of the aluminum industry in the United States.