Forced to resign because he stands for the flag and kneels at the cross

The NEW democratic party. If you show patriatism willingly, and a respect for God, you will be asked to leave the party . . . . or at least be a part of the committee that helps them.

Mark Salvas told CBS 2 Pittsburgh that he was asked by the chair of the Allegheny County Democratic Party to resign, largely because of a photo from last year that showed him and his wife with the words “I stand for the flag, I kneel at the cross.”

Democrats in Allegheny County were reportedly offended by his patriotic post, as well as another by his wife that asked to support an officer charged in the fatal shooting of an African-American teen in June.

“I’m not ashamed of my patriotism, not one bit,” said Salvas, a Gulf War veteran. “I fought for this country. I think I have a right to have a voice and be patriotic.”

What say you dems/liberals. She he be asked to leave because he has patriatism and love of God, and they supported a friend in an officer involved shooting?

This IS the new democratic party in action.

Pennsylvania Rep. Ed Gainey told CBS 2 Pittsburgh that Salvas’ post was insensitive to African-American Democrats.

:popcorn:

This thread should be epic.

Democrats in Allegheny County were reportedly offended by his patriotic post, as well as another by his wife that asked to support an officer charged in the fatal shooting of an African-American teen in June.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No room for alternative thinking in democrat plantation.

Do as they say or else.

Hypocrisy thy name is Trumpster.

What a silly thread :joy:

I am sure he got fired because he stood for the flag and kneels at the cross…:rofl:

I think it was more of his wife insensitivity to an unarmed black kid shot by police, than his stand for flag, kneel for the cross Facebook post.

I know I am much more offended by the wife.

Allan

1 Like

Yeah, taking the side of someone charged with a possibly racially motivated killing probably won’t sit with with the targeted race.

I think it was a terrible mistake to fire this guy. You need to skip the paraphrasing of the Fox story and go straight to the original local reporting that Fox cribbed from. The original “patriotic” posting was from a year ago, but he fully supports players kneeling, he says his time in the military was to preserve that right.

As for the police officer, the two families have been life long friends. He knew the officer from when the officer was 3 years old. The wife’s post was from last summer. This guy was hired last month.

Terrible mistake. I hope they rethink their decision.

:angry:

1 Like

I don’t think he should have been fired.

But neither am I outraged about this. Why should anyone care?

They should do what they believe will help the party the most.

That’s literally the only thing that matters, when it comes to staff positions for the local party.

Yeah, the title of this thread is horribly incomplete and only tells a tiny portion of the story. Even the Fox News Insider story linked touches on that, which is more likely to have been what caused this.

This has a lot to do with optics. I don’t think he was fired for his patriOtism.

lol - If you’re actually going to believe that the post from over a year ago… before he got the position, of him and his wife framed by the “I stand” crap was involved and NOT just the wife supporting and encouraging others to support the cop that killed the 17 year old black kid then I have some kick ass ocean front property in Arizona to sell you Snow. REAL good price too man.

This dem/lib says I agree with this from the story.

And I don’t think this post he had up there helped him too much either.

Good riddance.

I’m sure that his firing had nothing to do with his social media posts at all.

This screams “internal” local politics - some big donor probably wanted his kid to get the job, or something like that.

1 Like

So…“he says”…does he have any more than that as proof?

For anyone who didn’t bother to read the linked stories past “Fox Insider”:

This guy had his staff position for less than a month.

1 Like

The wife’s post was from this past July, not 3 months ago.

That is to say her post was not even 3 months ago.

Maybe if we all tweet them?

Your post sounds logical but lacks the necessary lib feelings required to conclude he needs to be fired. :grin: