Food Stamp Purge

A military enlisted person at E-5 with a spouse and two kids qualifies for food stamps.

1 Like

I only feed my family real food. If I wanted/needed to save money, I’d feed them garbage.

Maybe people shouldn’t have children until they can afford to feed them. Just a thought.

2 Likes

Cheap doesn’t equal garbage.

Right. They should have gotten an abortion

2 Likes

That’s your opinion. Only the finest for my family’s health. I spare no expense for their actual needs.

I wasn’t aware the only way to avoid having kids was abortion. Somehow my wife and I managed to avoid it with no abortions until we were financially able to afford them in our thirties, magic I guess.

3 Likes

Again, inexpensive doesn’t mean unhealthy or garbage.

50k a year.
subtract FICA taxes of 7.5%
subtract 10% for fed and state income tax
that leave 41k
lets assume the kids share a bedroom. that means a 2 br apartment.
the average 2 br apartment costs 1200/month
26600k left
figure 5k a year for health care
21600 left
utilities 200/month
19200 left
food costs of 250/week
6200 left
1 car
500/month for insurance/car payment gas etc…
family now has 200 left

yes a family of 4 making 50k needs food stamps

1 Like

You seem unable to understand that other people are not clones of you.

3 Likes

Accidents happen. Welcome to the real world.

Why are you subtracting for income tax? Using federal tax as an example.

from How Much Income Tax Will I Pay if I Make $50,000? | The Motley Fool

Scenario 2: Married with children

To see just how different a tax situation can be, take a similar example but with a much different family structure. Instead of a single person, say that you have a married couple with two children with total household income of $50,000. In order to make comparisons simpler, we’ll keep the rest of the assumptions the same: taking the standard deduction with all income coming from regular job pay.

In this situation, you start with the same $50,000 in gross income, but the standard deduction is twice as much at $12,700. Two spouses and two children add up to four personal exemptions, which at $4,050 each reduces your taxable income by $16,200. That yields just $21,100 in taxable income. Under the married joint filer rate structure, that puts you barely into the 15% bracket, and the initial tax calculation yields just $2,232.50 in taxes.

Yet that’s just the start. Assuming that the two children qualify for the child tax credit, this family can reduce their tax burden by another $2,000. That brings the total tax bill down to just $232.50, and the effective tax rate on their $50,000 income is less than 0.5%.

Clothes, school supplies, internet if you dont want to be a caveman, unexpected car expenses, etc etc…

For you, maybe. You don’t live where I do. Out here, there’s cheap food, there’s healthy food, and there’s locally produced food.

My 8 year old is currently 4’6". Based on his genetic history, he will be upwards of 6’6" by the time he’s 18.

Great Danes require better diets than Australian Shepherds.

He already left of countless things that are on a yearly budget.

This is really your response? Wow… you have not had to live on a budget in a long time, have you?

No matter where you live inexpensive does not necessarily mean inferior food. Beans are cheap and nutritious as one example.

Beans are, yes. Processed, canned beans, are garbage.

I lived below the poverty line for the majority of my lifetime.

1 Like

And not something you would choose if you were trying to save money, dried beans are astronomically cheaper than canned. Another example of more expensive not equaling better.

Same here. I feel no shame for not being poor anymore. I built that. :sunglasses: