Follow the science! University bans unvaccinated student from on-line classes

The world where you think a student would have no contact with anyone who isn’t also a student.

You stated: They might be worried that he could meet with other students off campus.

Well no kidding. Those students could also meet the local Taco Bell cashier, the local pet groomer, etc. and carry it back to campus. Stating they would be worried this one student is going to be a Typhoid Mary and infect everyone on campus by coming in contact with students off campus…

Think about that for a minute. Those students are going to continually come in contact with any number of people off campus and bring who knows what in with them.

To try and lay that on this one student…ridiculous.

2 Likes

Here’s the non-Paul Joseph Watson version if anyone is interested:

Reality.

You don’t know what I think. And you certainly don’t know what my world opinion is.
I was speculating about why they would make a rule. I was not trying to over-think it or even approve or not approve of it. But you felt that you had to mock me? I wasn’t trying to lay anything on anyone.

Here it is:

https://www-newsweek-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.newsweek.com/unvaccinated-college-student-barred-virtual-classes-rutgers-university-1626666?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&amp=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16310789466392&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsweek.com%2Funvaccinated-college-student-barred-virtual-classes-rutgers-university-1626666

The article states, in part:

Note: Registering for classes that are fully remote (synchronous/asynchronous) is not the same as being enrolled in a fully online degree-granting program. Students enrolled in classes are allowed into campus buildings, can attend in-person recitations, labs and office hours, and other activities

Read what your reasoning was and tell how that made any sense?

Mocking you? I’m trying to explain to you how silly it was to even make the claim it may be because he might see other students off campus. Students see a plethora of people off campus. Many who could pass along covid to them and others. To even think that was a viable reason? I would hope you have better reasoning skills than that. Now maybe you think the college doesn’t have better reasoning skills than that, which I would wholeheartedly agree with.

There is no civil right for a person to be enrolled in Rutgers.

Has the person in question ever heard of a transfer.

Allan

He can be accommodated at Rutgers in a fully online program, where he can get a BBA or nursing degree.

He wants a psych degree, though, and there is no fully online option.

Tough ■■■■■ kid - but he’s learning that life is often harder for people who make stupid decisions.

Maybe this is just the push he needs to get out of New Jersey…which is always a good decision :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree the policy is misguided but I’d imagine it exists because there is no way to tell an online student from an in person student in the system. There is no flag denoting a student’s online only status. Once enrolled, a student can take either type of class so nothing would stop this student from changing his mind and taking an in person class next semester or even changing to in person this semester.

The point is, I doubt an “online only” flag exists for the university.

Rutgers is a really good school.

56% acceptance rate. Better the most. Worse than some.

Allan

Can they?

Just speaking about covid restrictions. They aren’t going to get any pushback from the state in NJ.

1 Like

Of course they can.

State school.

State rules.

Allan

I would bet they take public money.

Rutgers is a state school. Funded by taxpayer money.

The guy should file a lawsuit if he think he was wronged by jersey.

Allan

They are taking federal funds.

Look up the word “incorporation”.

If Texas can ban abortion, jersey can deny unvaxxed education.

It’s a really easy concept.

Allan

Either way it’s good policy to have a vaccine requirement. Kids in college socialize and attend football games.

1 Like

The right to decide what goes into your body.

It is the same basic right at the right to refuse to be raped, and the right to refuse to eat particular foods.

The logic coming from the COVID fascists is basically that they know better than you do what is good for you. Anyone who refuses to submit to their whims deserves to be treated as subhuman.

Democrats and their allies have gone 180 degrees in the last year. Remember when travel restrictions from China were “hysterical xenophobia” and “racist”? Now they are saying refusal to accept forced injections of a rushed, leaky vaccine means that you should lose all your constitutional rights.

1 Like