Florida Spike in Cases

do you think another shutdown should happen?

The ICU cases would be a better indicator than ER, I think.

3 Likes

Years, if need be.

Absolutely. But short term numbers are still of limited value.

Nope.

For sure.

1 Like

Of course not, that’s a silly question.

and why not?

What will cause the trend-line to change at this point…if not more mitigating measures or dramatically increased vaccinations, neither of which will likely happen in the short-term?

Libs have no answers to this.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Impeaching Desantis and putting in a dem military governor?

Why do you believe man can change the trend-line? Or that it needs to be changed?

3 Likes

Too costly. More vaccines would help and more people are starting to wear masks again which I assume means they are also practicing more social distancing. I live in a somewhat urban area and the current spikes seem to be more rural where lower percentages are vaccinated. I work out there a lot but not usually with a lot of people, I’m not exactly high risk. Just keeping an eye on things for now.

Remember when Maria was a serious financial reporter?

That’s why you want to look at the 7-day average

1 Like

Probably nothing.

I’m perfectly willing to wait a few weeks to see if we start to mirror the UK.

Read a news bulletin a couple days back stating only 1% of ICU beds are currently empty here in Solano County. No lockdown measures have been announced here… yet.

A lagging 7 day average. It is climbing, no doubt. It will correct over the next 7 days.

Are we doing the same things they are?

Yeah that’s the graph that is worrying. In such a short space of time Florida is right back up to the worst of the pandemic. This is happening in a number of low vaccination states such as Alabama, Louisiana and Missouri.