FLORIDA FALLOUT: Broward County’s Brenda Snipes RESIGNS As Election Supervisor

Originally published at: FLORIDA FALLOUT: Broward County’s Brenda Snipes RESIGNS As Election Supervisor | Sean Hannity

Broward County Election Supervisor Brenda Snipes confirmed her plan to resign from office this week; turning in a letter of resignation Sunday evening after the conclusion of the ill-fated and problem-plagued Florida recount.

“Brenda C. Snipes, the elections supervisor of Broward County, Fla., turned in a letter of resignation on Sunday, hours after the conclusion of a vote recount that exposed a series of failures in her office, including a poorly designed ballot that may have contributed to a weak showing by the defeated Senate incumbent, Bill Nelson,” writes the New York Times.

“It has been my passion and honor to serve as the Supervisor of Elections for Broward County voters,” she wrote in the letter. “Although I have enjoyed this work tremendously over these many election cycles, both large and small, I am ready to pass the torch.”

Snipes found herself embroiled in political turmoil after her county failed to comply with Florida law and missed an extended deadline; effectively nullifying the recount and reverting the tally to the original Election Day results.

Read the full report at the New York Times.