First Time Being Embarrassed

So, I was thinking/feeling this evening. This is the first time I’ve felt legitametly embarrassed to be an American. Politics aside, say for Bush 2, at least you knew he was doing what he felt was right and in American interests, even if he was totally wrong. His motive was pro America. And Trump has gone so far beyond any Obama style “apology”. Trump straight up attacked US institutions by name hand in hand with a foreign adversary that very likely, if not certainly, hacked computer systems to influence/disrupt AMERICA’s election. Its sickening and goes well beyond politics. Its legitimately embarrassing. Just when you think Trump cant lower the bar, he drops it off a ledge.

And the fact that Trump has insulted and called out virtually everyone except Putin makes this even more absurd

Without referencing previous presidents, I’ll say only that Donald does not inspire much pride.

Terrible man, terrible leader.

This IS the shooting on Fifth Avenue moment.

A lot of vocal people here, a lot of silent Republicans, are proving Trump right.

Like ok…I’ll give trump slack for his private sex life stuff. Same with Clinton. But what Trump did today was so anti American, it defies reason.

I’m not embarrassed of being American! This is the greatest country on earth and will always have its ups and downs. I am embarrassed though Trump is an American…

Russia isnt an adversary, but was called an adversary by trojan Obuma. Now he totally failed and is gone and things have to come again to normality

I never thought I’d see the day but an American president is compromised.

2 Likes

Pointless to read past that.

2 Likes

Is that thread the liberal corner, where they play the offended primadonna, exposing their hypocrisy once again? :laughing:

We get it. You all don’t like trump.

Tonight at 11:00

Pointless to read past it.

But revealing to read it.

2 Likes

And it’s funny the only cons I’ve seen on this board today for the most part are all ones who I wouldn’t be surprised are Russian trolls

1 Like

You arent even able to make a single point why Russia is an adversary, apart of the old rivalry during the cold war, which is history for 28 yrs already

Uhhh…

Err…

This is weird.

25th Amendment remedies.

1 Like

its irrelevant what that piece of ■■■■ said during the electoral campaign. his deeds are relevant. He called Russia a regional power and really believed that as he started his offensive “Assad has to go!” Then he was disabused by Putin and proven wrong. I think the meaning of his “Cold War is over” was that Russia isnt the world power they had been during the cold war.

In 2012, Republicans decided Putin was a threat because Romney said so and Obama didn’t think they were. Then, not long after, you all howled ROMNEY WAS RIGHT. And now, you’re totes cool with being their buddy.

We get it. It’s not about principle-it’s just about doing the opposite of what Dems/“the establishment” want. That’s all. There’s no reason behind it other than petulance.

That was right about the time the punditry class began a somewhat bizarre obsession with Putin’s supposed manliness. “He does the butterfly stroke - that’s hard!” “He does judo and swims in icy waters - what a man!” “He’s so big-chested - what a leader!”

So maybe this is simply a continuation of that bromance.

1 Like