Finally, Officer Jason Van Dyke charged in June, trial begins next week

Those decisions can be and are made. When a man (or a large boy) point what clearly appears to be a gun at you, you are authorized to shoot. In fact, a cop can be disciplined for not shooting in that situation. The respect for human life does not mean forfeiture of your own life on the outside chance that the person may not have pulled the trigger, or that the gun wasn’t loaded, or that it was a plastic replica. If your criteria is don’t shoot unless shot at, a lot more cops are going to die.

You can have that carved on your headstone.

His gun was black (with no yellow muzzle to indicate that it was a BB gun) too. Does that warrant consideration too? Maybe if his gun was white the cop would not have thought he was going to die if he did not shoot first.

Did you go around in public parks pointing them at people?

He was larger than I ever was.

If he was white he’d be more likely to be shot.

This is the uncomfortable moment for you when facts don’t match your biased worldview. Now the question for you is will you accept reality or will your cognitive dissonance win out? You see, ever since Michael Brown the Washington Post has been tracking police shootings so we have a good data set about who actually is getting shot. Its not matching up with the perceived reality of the cop haters and critics.

Since Tamir Rice a grand total of THREE unarmed blacks under age 18 have been shot and killled by police. Meanwhile SIX unarmed white / hispanic (hispanics are white by racial definition) have been shot and killed. As to whether any of these unarmed children should have been shot, I don’t know because I don’t know the cases but I do know that in most of the adult cases it was still justified - for instance one unarmed black man who was shot and killed by a cop in 2017 was on top of the cop and strangling him as the cop shot him. I don’t know that something like that happened in any of these cases, I just know that unarmed doesn’t automatically mean unjustified.

Even unarmed black teenagers (18 and under) who were fatally shot represent a small set. The Post database lists only three killings of unarmed black teens, two of which took place in Texas: Jordan Edwards, 15, on April 29, 2017, and David Joseph, 17, on Feb. 8, 2016. The third fatal shooting, of 17-year-old Antwon Rose, took place in Pittsburgh on June 19, 2018.

Meanwhile, six teenagers and three children who were white or Hispanic — and unarmed — were fatally shot in the 2015-2018 time period.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/08/30/beto-orourkes-claims-blacks-police-shootings/?utm_term=.75fb8143d509

1 Like

I must live in a bubble now as far as “sheltered neighborhoods”.

The boys that agre are either on bicycles or kicking a soccer or throwing a basketball.

The girls are riding their bicycles & doing school sports like cross country.

I don’t believe that for a second.

That’s a really stupid thing to say.

Complete bull ■■■■■

Believe what you want.

They aren’t playing cowboys & Indians or with toy guns, but playing actual middle school sports & riding bikes.

Have a nice rest of your day.

Oh I will.

Why are you so obsessed with race and what difference exactly do you think it would make if he was white, Chinese, Mongolian, or American Indian?

The only factors involved in this case were his behavior and the information given to the responding officers.

I figured you wouldn’t let facts and actual data get in the way of your misguided poutrage.

Show if you can which of these statements is false.

If he was white he’d be more likely to be shot.

This is the uncomfortable moment for you when facts don’t match your biased worldview. Now the question for you is will you accept reality or will your cognitive dissonance win out? You see, ever since Michael Brown the Washington Post has been tracking police shootings so we have a good data set about who actually is getting shot. Its not matching up with the perceived reality of the cop haters and critics.

Since Tamir Rice a grand total of THREE unarmed blacks under age 18 have been shot and killled by police. Meanwhile SIX unarmed white / hispanic (hispanics are white by racial definition) have been shot and killed. As to whether any of these unarmed children should have been shot, I don’t know because I don’t know the cases but I do know that in most of the adult cases it was still justified - for instance one unarmed black man who was shot and killed by a cop in 2017 was on top of the cop and strangling him as the cop shot him. I don’t know that something like that happened in any of these cases, I just know that unarmed doesn’t automatically mean unjustified.

Even unarmed black teenagers (18 and under) who were fatally shot represent a small set. The Post database lists only three killings of unarmed black teens, two of which took place in Texas: Jordan Edwards, 15, on April 29, 2017, and David Joseph, 17, on Feb. 8, 2016. The third fatal shooting, of 17-year-old Antwon Rose, took place in Pittsburgh on June 19, 2018.

Meanwhile, six teenagers and three children who were white or Hispanic — and unarmed — were fatally shot in the 2015-2018 time period.

Must defend cop over dead child. We get it.

You’re wasting your time here. Let me explain how things work:
If you’re a black male wearing a hoodie, the police can roll up and smoke you, even if the gun is a toy. If you’re someone else, you can kill a police officer and shoot and wound 7 or 8 more and be taken alive. If you’re black and running away, you can be shot in the back and have a taser planted beside your body to make it seem you attacked the officer. If you’re someone else you can kill 9 people in a church, be taken alive and have Burger King brought to your cell. If you’re black, you can be choked to death on the sidewalk for selling loose cigarettes. If you’re someone else you can shoot up a movie theater and be taken alive. There are so many analogies I dont have time to list then all but I’m sure you get the picture. For the record though, this is just my opinion.

1 Like

Of course. I agree. There’s no value put on black lives by a lot of these people who are supposed to be protecting the community. Blacks are still treated like 2nd class citizens by so many. It’s cultural - they learned that black people are dangerous from racists parents and a racist society. They really do have an irrational fear of blacks imo.

1 Like

The cop did nothing wrong which is why he was completely exonerated in the shooting and is back working full time as a cop.

The people responsible who should have been punished for putting him in that situation never will be.

Justice requires that he not pay the price for their bad acts.

Race has absolutely nothing to do with what happened here or the outcome.

Your fabrications and projected racism are not facts.

IF you surrender odds are you will walk away no matter what race you are. Race has nothing to do with it. If you resist or attempt to pull a weapon odds are things are going to go badly for you regardless of race.

If you’re black, you can be choked to death on the sidewalk for selling loose cigarettes. If you’re someone else you can shoot up a movie theater and be taken alive. There are so many analogies I dont have time to list then all but I’m sure you get the picture. For the record though, this is just my opinion.

He wasn’t choked to death, he died of a heart attack because he was morbidly obese and resisted arrest.

Another case where surrendering rather than resisting allows the perp to survive.

Why is it you are so obsessed with projecting racism you can’t see even the most basic facts for what they are?