Final 1st Quarter GDP: Revised down to 2%

I spent my 1000 tax bonus given to in December in the last week
of the year so it wouldnt hit in the 1Q

Allan

2 Likes

They were using the conservative blueprint from the Obama days. Smart

You are wrong about the soy market the prices have wildly spiked since the Tariff was announced.

look at the evidence

https://www.nasdaq.com/markets/soybean.aspx

oh wait I was looking at it upside down

never mind

Allan

You act like American consumers won’t just buy that much more soy sauce since it’s so much cheaper. I know i’m going start drenching it on all of my food.

2 Likes

Alternative up

Conservatives have never spoken ill about the economy. Even during the Obama years when the economy was shrinking like never before, conservatives were out there cheering and waving flags in order to cheer up the economy. They were practically the only thing that kept us from falling into total collapse.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

well Obama was the greatest danger to the economy after all

You really need it explained to you, how reducing the taxes the feds impose on businesses will give them more money to invest back into their business?

On the flip side, you can try to explain to us all, how raising federal taxes on businesses is a benefit to them.

He was certainly able to enter the record books by being the only president never to see a 3% annual growth rate in any year of his term of office. and to make it even more historic, Obama did it twice, by duplicating this for two terms of office.

capital expenditures are an above-the-line expense. If your company is not generating enough cash flow to reinvest, lowering the tax rate isn’t going to make a difference. Surely, you understand this.

Trump is also on pace for that.

No - the GOP doesn’t understand this.

It’s why all of the tax breaks companies are receiving are going back to the investors in stock but backs, etc and not investing in their company. It’s why Harley Davidson got a fat tax cut and is shifting production overseas instead of investing here.

Whereas middle and lower class tax cuts are actually stimulative as that money is immediately dumped back into the economy.

Conservative economic dogma has been tried and always shown to raise the debt, concentrate wealth, and screw the little guy. It’s a demonstrable failure yet they keep drinking the Koolaid.

1 Like

It’s not a failure for everyone.

There is a certain donor base that makes out like bandits from it.

that makes no sense. Taxes are a bottom line issue. You either have the money to invest or you don’t BEFORE your tax liability.

You are assuming a company is not already reinvesting into itself. Lowering taxes and regulatory burdens allows companies to reinvest even more, or offer pay incentives to employees.

I don’t buy you argument that lowering the tax burden on a company is not beneficial to that company.

Apple Says It Will Bring Cash Back To U.S., Pay $38 Billion In Repatriation Tax

You gave the bad news. Now let me give you the good. recession free from June 2009 til January 2017. 7.5 years of no recessions.

Allan

I was thinking. Whatever is going to cause the next recession. It’s probably happening right now.

These too are tax changes that can benefit businesses.

I’m still waiting on how raising taxes and eliminating tax deductions will help a business grow, and benefit our economy and employment opportunities for people seeking work.

1. Lower Taxes for C-Corporations
  2. Lower Taxes for Certain S-Corporations and LLCs
  3. Accelerated Depreciation of Equipment
  4. Elimination of Corporate AMT
  5. Repatriation of Overseas Profits

True. But it’s a failure in that “a rising tide lifts all boats” no longer exists in our country. The GOP economic policy makes the rich even richer at the expense of the poor and middle class.

Corporations and the rich just got a $1.5T tax cut and now the GOP is wanting to cut food stamps, SS, Medicare, and other benefits to pay for it.