Films to Look Forward to See in 2024

Looks like Disney is doubling down on stupid

i saw it too. it was decent. iā€™ve been watching a lot of korean historical stuff, which surprisingly ainā€™t bad. another movie to add to the list

Witch 3 (korean)

the first 2 were really good imo

2 Likes

Gladiator: Woke and stoked!

1 Like

A Japanese historical, Samurai film ā€œKubiā€ will have an English version eventually. A story about events leading up to the assassination/Suicide of Oda Nobunaga in 1582 and the bizarre homoerotic sex triangles that are argued about

3001: The Final Odessey miniseries is Coming.

1 Like

You and I do not agree on much but happy to see common ground is found in movies.

1 Like

Lol great title.

Taegukgi is one of my favorite war movies of all time. And it was completely made in house in South Korea. Really strong film.

ā€œAre you not entertained by my fake boobs and homemade vagina!!!??ā€

ā€œYou sold me cisgender giraffes.ā€

I was already uncomfortable with modern Star Wars.

1 Like

A remake miniseries of the novel ā€œShogunā€ is also coming out on Hulu at the end of February.

1 Like

I find the Korean ones better. The story of the age of warriors and fall of Gogoryeo is compelling, so is the story surrounding the 3 kingdoms period, also the emergence of Joshen. Comparatively the Japanese ones put me to sleep until after gun powder.

I have not really seen any good Chinese series or movies relating to history, likely because the CCCP wonā€™t let anything out that doesnā€™t somehow glorify the CCCP or its supposed ā€œvaluesā€.

1 Like

Reyā€™s problem as a Mary sue donā€™t stem from woke, maybe it contributed but it was lazy writing ultimately.

My biggest problems with the new trilogy is that the first one was a copy paste of a New Hope just lazy stuff JJ Abrams phoned it in. Rian Johnson went completely rouge and didnā€™t even advance the small bits of interesting story JJ put in (Snoke) while also destroying Lukeā€™s character. The third one JJ tried to pull it back out of the tailspin at that point it was pure pandering but the damage was done.

There was also no connection between the fall of the empire and the new order. Like bam everything was reset, new Death Star lasers on larger Star Destroyers and they can shoot 3 lasers now! Also the new republic sucks and the rebellion is back on.
Just mess and they had a ton of material to work with.

Dave Filoni has saved Star Wars the scene in the Mandalorian where Luke saves them still gives me chills thatā€™s the Luke I know!

He understands what Star Wars is and doing a great job actually connecting the events leading up to the new order.

For as much as the pre-quel trilogy is clowned on I love them I feel it actually fleshed out the universe of Star Wars from ships to planets and events. In the new trilogy it was pure rehash.

I have seen fan edits of the prequel trilogy, before Disney managed to exterminate all of them off of YouTube. The fan edits were far better than the actual movies. For example, in Phantom Menace, they mostly silenced Jar Jar and Anakin, removed unnecessary cheese as one editor likes to put it. One edit completely skips the entire contrived underwater monster chase.

The edits show how much better the prequels could have been.

Looking forward to see the slasher Mickey Mouse movie.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah but cheese is part of it. The Star Wars fan base is honestly hyper critical.

The acting was cringe and some of the characters odd, but the story overall was solid. New ships, locals, the Jedi orderā€¦even the politics of it all I truly enjoyed.

The way the Sith rise to power through Darth Sidious while he is controlling both sides. Order 66!

If you canā€™t tell Iā€™m a SW nerd.

The older the prequel sequels became better the more they aged in my opinion.

Gotta give Dave credit again cause then he took the Clone Wars to another level.

1 Like

BHC 4 and G 2 are sequels, not remakes.

if one is to see saw, will there be ups and downs?

1 Like