Figuring some things out about Trump

If Trump were going to win in 2020, which, is what most people seem to think will be the case, then what exactly is Pelosi costing Dems?

Grand conspiracy is brewing.

The whole “investigate the investigators” nonsense was a red-herring to distract from Trump’s problems.

I agree - step one was to clear himself.

Step 2 is to clear Russia.

We are on step 2.

Why else make this dunderheaded clumsy ask of Ukraine, and Australia?

I honestly have faith in the Intelligence Community, I think we have the best in the business here.

Guccifer is Russian, the Russian Troll farms are a thing. None of this is in debate.

Now, if you want to argue that the Steele dossier is a big deal, that’s fine. I don’t see it as being much of anything. Some of it was true, some of it not true. But the Russian thing seems legitimate to me and the talk of some crazy server in Ukraine being the true source or the Dems hacking their own server seems very odd.

Again, no one is saying Trump should be or shouldn’t be arrested for 2016, that is never going to happen. But it clearly was the Russians who did it. It was the Russians who met the Trump campaign at Trump tower, as clearly seen by Jr.'s email. We know mostly who was there, mostly Russians and Trump delegates.

I have faith in the CIA and FBI, they got it right.

I honestly have no problems with folks looking into it, they’re not going to find anything. I just hope they don’t try and create something in it’s absence. That is what I suspect they were trying to do in Ukraine, basically telling them to find something, true or not.

And for what gain? Who benefits? The only party that I see benefitting would be Russia and they helped the Trump campaign ostensibly for relief from sanctions, so it’s obvious they would like this “Investigation of the Investigators” thing to happen in hope they are exonerated.

Agreed, and it is happening right now, in the middle of an impeachment investigation. Barr isn’t helping Trump here, he is flying around the world trying to clear the name of Russia.

Weird stuff.

Got it right?

It’s far from over how do you figure that?

Makes perfect sense. Hunter Biden is a coincidence.

Russia wants in the worst way to be back in the G8. I truly think it is less about the sanctions and more about that. In the G8 they have more opportunity to sway policy their way and to benefit them.

If there is something proven, that is fine. I just sincerely doubt that the CIA and FBI could get it that wrong. Most of what I see out there is unsubstantiated and conspiracy driven. If folks want to chase these leads so be it.

But don’t be disappointed if the finest law enforcement entities in the world are found to be correct, that is expected.

Hunter Biden is part of another problem, where family members benefit from their connections to their elected family members. Hunter is far from the first to do this, and in fact Trump’s kids have benefitted and even Rudy’s kids work for the Trump administration.

I get what the Gas company was going for, they were tied to a corrupt Oligarch and were trying to provide some level of oversight from folks unconnected to previous regimes. But he isn’t someone who would not ordinarily serve on a board, he is sort of exactly who gets asked. The ex-President of Poland also served on this board.

He graduated law school from Yale, he worked for a bank holding company, he founded an investment firm, founded a venture capital firm, and he was on the board of directors for Amtrak (named by George W. Bush).

So, pretty much what you would expect to see in a board member.

He joined Burisma in 2014 in their effort to provide a “high profile international board”. The investigations into Burisma were related to the time period of 2010-2012 and he was hired in 2014, probably due to the past investigations. But at no time was the company investigated for the time period he sat on the board, and the amount he was paid was not exorbitant for that kind of service to that size of company.

3 Likes

Make no mistake, the sanctions were specifically targeted to affect Russian Oligarchs, and they took a huge hit from both waves of sanctions. I am sure they are bending Putin’s ear day and night over this.

Leaving out somethings, aren’t we?

What do you mean? That he tried to join the Navy and they found coke in his drug test?

Not so unusual for that type of guy, he denied it but he probably did some coke. So did George W., that stuff is popular with the rich and entitled.

Hopefully he learned his lesson and is off the stuff, it’s terrible for you.

Among other things.

He has a crack problem and those types of guys are known.

Who do you think is investigating these investigations into Obama’s corruption?
It is the FBI and the DOJ.

Discredit the Mueller report?

He’s investigating the Mueller report!

Thanks for the article. He seemed to have gone through a pretty rough patch but he appears to be a lot better now, happy he found a nice girl to settle down with.

The optics are indeed bad, but it doesn’t look like he broke any law other than doing drugs. Glad he is off the stuff now.

I know you are all in on some kind of notion that Obama was up to this or that, but I just don’t see it.

We will have to agree to disagree, if anything Obama was extremely rigid in making sure things were on the up and up. It’s fair to disagree with his policies, not everyone is a Liberal and he is a moderate Liberal. But he seemed pretty honest in the time he was in office.

1 Like