FIGHT NIGHT: Democrats Face-Off in Round 1 of Debates, Trump Calls the Entire Event ‘Boring’

Originally published at: FIGHT NIGHT: Democrats Face-Off in Round 1 of Debates, Trump Calls the Entire Event ‘Boring’ | Sean Hannity

Ten Democratic challengers faced-off Wednesday night in Miami; kicking-off the 2020 race for the White House in an event President Trump described as entirely “boring.”

The Commander-in-Chief posted his one-word summary of the debates on social media halfway through the evening.

BORING!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 27, 2019

“Ten Democrats railed against a national economy and a Republican administration they argued exist only for the rich as presidential candidates debated onstage for the first time in the young 2020 season, embracing inequality as a defining theme in their fight to deny President Donald Trump a second term in office,” reports the Associated Press.

The candidates called for free-college, the cancellation of student debt, “decriminalizing” illegal border crossings, and more during the two-hour debate.

Immigration was the most discussed topic of the evening.

Senator Elizabeth Warren toured the Homestead Immigration Detention Center in Florida before the debate, where she complained about a lack of emergency border funding; ironically missing a pivotal vote on…emergency border funding.

“There are a lot of different ways that we get in the fight. And one of them is that you show up. I’m at the Homestead detention center today and I hope you’ll be watching,” posted Warren on social media.

There are a lot of different ways that we get in the fight. And one of them is that you show up. I'm at the Homestead detention center today and I hope you'll be watching. https://t.co/vzXqUlaiIM

— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) June 26, 2019

.@ewarren outside the Homestead detention center: “It is a stain on our country.” pic.twitter.com/xfNYOdomte

— Elizabeth Landers (@ElizLanders) June 26, 2019

Instead of making it to the Senate vote on emergency border funding at 2pm, Elizabeth Warren is holding a photo op outside the Homestead Detention Center in Florida to talk about…

[you guessed it]

the need for emergency border funding.pic.twitter.com/ni2o5QPd9k

— Caleb Hull (@CalebJHull) June 26, 2019

“Democratic Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren missed Wednesday’s border-funding vote because she was outside Homestead migrant detention facility in Florida, complaining about the crisis at the border,” reports the Daily Caller.

Warren toured the Homestead Immigration Detention Center in Florida Wednesday; calling the facility a “stain on our country” while failing to mention the complex was opened by former President Obama in 2015.

“What is happening at Homestead to children, what is happening is a direct result of activities of the United States government. It’s wrong. It’s a stain on our country and we must speak out. We speak out as a people, we speak out as moral citizens, not just of the United States but of the world,” said Warren.

There are a lot of different ways that we get in the fight. And one of them is that you show up. I'm at the Homestead detention center today and I hope you'll be watching. https://t.co/vzXqUlaiIM

— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) June 26, 2019

There’s just one problem for Elizabeth Warren. The Homestead Detention Center was opened by former President Barack Obama in 2015.

“The facility was first opened during the Obama administration, but immigration rights advocates say the Trump administration has stranded children there for longer periods by making it more difficult for them to be released to sponsors, usually parents or close relatives,” reports Reuters.

“The shelter opened under Barack Obama to hold children who were showing up to the U.S. border, mostly from Central American countries such as Honduras and El Salvador,” adds the Miami New Times.