Female athlete complains about competing against transgender males

I believe its stupid to be against hitting a woman simply because she’s a woman. I don’t think you should hit anyone unless its sport or necessary defense. And if its sport than the woman is volunteering herself to maybe be hit.

Oh hey. Just said I have nothing in common. Who is the brain reader here?

I’ll put you down for “no” then.

There’s no brain reading required to know that you can’t know that for sure.

I’m really sorry but in my world a real man wouldn’t be caught dead getting a pedicure.

To know that you can’t know not required to know for sure. :laughing:

So you are at a loss too. Welcome to the crowd.

Before my wife and I got married 44 years ago, we had seriously considered a contract marriage. But eventually, we realized that we disliked lawyers every bit as much as the government and accepted that the Government issued marriage license was easier and much cheaper and was understood by all institutions and the public alike. But I still don’t like that we had to get the government’s permission to legally establish our relationship.

No dice, sorry man, I meet a lot of people, no headspace for memorizing peoples pronouns if the hardware isn’t a match. Most likely won’t remember their name either. Obviously different if they are around me a lot. I won’t go out of my way to be rude, if that hairy guy wants to be called miss and I know it, fine, but nothing is getting especially memorized.

And race, non issue, I don’t bring up race, it’s irrelevant to everything.

This is a movement du jour. Facts, biological or otherwise, have nothing to do with it.
If the facts go against the narrative, the facts have to change.
Gender is a social construct, or something like that.

Huh?

I’m not at a loss, you have failed to provide contextual clues that would be more apparent were I actually to encounter this person in real life. How they act, how they talk, do they have makeup on, etc. And there can also be clues in conversation. It’s not like you go up to strangers and say “hello male!” or “hello female!”.

Either ask the. Their preferred pronouns or use they/them.

You could also take your best guess at he/him or she/her and if you are wrong they will correct you.

It’s not that big of a deal.

You can’t see their “hardware” so I assume this attitude would also extend to short haired, flat-chested women who don’t shave their legs?

Just be cordial.

I did give the context. A stranger who appears to you (based on your perception) dressed as a woman.

Sure. A perfect stranger walks up to you and the first words out of your mouth are “what pronouns do you want me to use?” :smirk:

If they look like a man, they are mister or him until I am informed otherwise and I will be making no special effort to retain the information.

The context you have provided is much less than I would get were I to meet this person in real life. How they act, how they talk, do they have makeup on, etc. And there can also be clues in conversation.

No one is expecting people to know someone’s gender based purely on a vague description of their appearance, so the fact that I cannot doesn’t really prove anything.

It’s also largely pointless because if you misgender them and they are a reasonable person they will correct you and you can move on with the conversation and your life.

No one is asking you to do otherwise.

…and I will be making no special effort to retain the information.

There’s no need to if you won’t ever meet the person again. If its a coworker, friend, or acquaintance that has the potential to be problematic… but its up to you to chart your social course and decide who you do or don’t care about alienating.

Quit rationalizing to yourself. I don’t know how to address them and neither do you.