Female athlete complains about competing against transgender males

If you’re trying to be polite, just avoid using gendered terms in reference to them if you don’t know.

It’s ok for a man to wear a dress and lipstick right?

Why wouldn’t it be?

Again, that’s what they want. It has nothing to do with how I see them or what I do.

I wonder what Warren would have thought about brothers (or sisters) marrying each other. :thinking:

And you darned well better know if he wants to be called a man or a woman or a whatever when you address him/her/whatever.

How you see them or what you do is irrelevant to this topic. I know you’re smart enough to understand that transgender people want to be referred to by the gender they identify with. You’re just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Irrelevant.

Nope. It’s okay to not be psychic.

No I am not. When one of those gender confused individuals presents themselves, there are numerous pronouns that they may be offended by if I choose the wrong one. Therefore, I choose to ignore both their presentation and their indignation if I get it wrong. It’s their problem, not mine.

Not at all. If you read closely, you will see that Warren was referring specifically to race. If Marriage was a Right, there would be no prohibition between any two (or three, or four … ) individuals getting married.

Yes, you are.

I’m not talking about preferred pronouns. I’m talking about the terms “trans man” and “trans woman” and how its easy to know which to use. You’re pretending its not easy because you like to argue.

It’s their problem, not mine.

:man_shrugging: Some people care about being cordial to strangers and others don’t.

So he used the term “right” in error?

I can’t use them without running the risk of getting it wrong. That’s not an argument, it’s just a fact of life.

If you know what gender they identify with, then its easy. If not, then its moot.

Most transgender people if you misgender them will politely correct you.

Just because they are women?

I’d gather a woman who got her ticket punched by a man would eventually reconsider how beliefs are overruled by reality.

Honestly, Smyrna?

As a female I would never like to see a man who wants to be a woman labeled as a female. It is seriously insulting.

Really, they should have their own category.

1 Like

Too bad. They don’t fit into the category of male or female.

If you voluntarily enter a fight, you have to assume you might get punched.

Sure they do, unless they’re non-binary.

Well, that’s the idea.

The idea isn’t being a female getting punched by a man pretending to be a woman.

1 Like

Some people are stronger and/or better at fighting then other people. It doesn’t have to be broken down by sex.

How do you know they’re pretending? They say there are differences between the brains of females and males. If intersex people happen sometimes, why can’t there be situations where the brain is one female and the body is male and vice versa?