Feinstein Wants Senate to Stop Confirming Judges

“Now that the 2020 election has concluded, it is clear that the American people have overwhelmingly rejected a second term for President Trump,” Feinstein began, before noting that Biden and his running mate, Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) “are already implementing their transition plan.”

Although the presidential election is currently being contested in several lawsuits by the Trump campaign, which alleges voting irregularities and fraud, Feinstein pointed out that “the Biden-Harris ticket is on track to receive 306 electoral votes, and has already garnered the votes of more than 77 million Americans.”

“In light of that,” she wrote, “it is imperative that the Judiciary Committee cease to process judicial nominees and allow President-Elect Biden the opportunity to appoint judges following his inauguration on January 20, 2021.”

Nice try Diane!

Joe doesn’t get to appoint any judges until he gets the keys to the White House.

2 Likes

As my parents used to ask me…“do you get everything you want???” :rofl:

2 Likes

Mine were more blunt. “Want in one hand and ■■■■ in the other as see which one fills up first.”

1 Like

She’s trying to make up for hugging Graham.

2 Likes

Nah, keep appointing those judges. That’s what we elected them for. lol

7 Likes

Sooo, if Clinton had won in 2016, McConnell would have allowed a vote on Garland at the end of Obama’s term? Because he wanted America to speak first. No vote till they spoke. America did speak this time in 2020 and have rejected the current president. Soo…

Sorry, I don’t know what would have happened in your hypothetical example. I’m not a seer.

Soo…there won’t be anymore SCOTUS nominations.

Do you mean there will be no more SCOTUS nominations during Biden’s term?

Too bad…so sad.

1 Like

No, but probably not. During the lame duck Trump period. The people have spoken. They want a different President to nominate the next SCOTUS Justice. And I fully expect McConnell to respect that. Barring some tragedy of course.

Okay. McConnel shut down court appointments until America had decided. America has decided. Should he shut down appointments.

Might want to look at history.

I was talking about court appointment between now and January.

So am I. No SCOTUS justices.

It really doesn’t matter. IF republicans hold the senate after the Georgia runoffs, there will be no Biden judges confirmed.

Ridiculous.

America had decided…and they decided that senate continue doing it’s job.

Don’t like it…win the senate.

But the senate will still appoint the President’s judicial nominees correct? Once Biden is sworn in?

So…Trump is still the president.

Still demanding that we play by libs rules.