Federal Judge *****-slaps Kolbach back to law school over Kansas voter law

This i the part I like

“Kobach chose to personally defend his own office at trial, and Robinson repeatedly admonished him for failing to follow proper rules of federal civil procedure to introduce evidence.”

“In her Monday ruling, Robinson sanctioned Kobach with six hours of continuing legal education related to rules of civil procedure or evidence.”

Remedial Law school for poor Kris.

Permanent Injunction against a stupid, unconstitutional law AND remedial law school.

a two-fer

Allan

This makes me laugh. Couldn’t have happened to a better idiot.

1 Like

:rofl:

That is pretty amazing.

So, to any Kansans here, will this man become your next Governor? :thinking:

Yeah he will. We never learn for some reason.

1 Like

I’d say I feel for you, but then I’m reminded of what just transpired with our own Governor. :man_facepalming:

Sorry…I live in Missouri. Referring to Greitens.

Jerseyites elected Chris Christie but at least he can hold his own in court.

Allan

If getting some strange was the worst thing our former governor did…

Nope ours ruined the whole state economy and then depleted our highway transportation fund to pay for his experiment so now our roads are absolute ■■■■ to go along with the crappy economy.

1 Like

Christie had genuine appeal though. Especially at first. Obviously he crashed and burned towards the end. There were very few redeeming qualities with Greitens. Likewise it appears with Kobach.

When Greitens former Navy Seal Team Members made the video criticizing him, rather than standing with him, it sealed it in my mind. Then of course there was all of the dark money that was pouring in for him, from a less-than-savory individual.

An alt-righter goes down in flames.

Glad to see that the SEALS are rejecting those who try to make political and financial hay out of being a SEAL…where were they when Ryan Zinke did that in Montana?

1 Like

.>

Not speaking about Kobach in particular, just Voter ID in general.

Voting is a two step process: (a) Register to vote, and (b) cast a ballot.

During the registration process I have no problem with proving basic eligibility to vote and then the registrar being able to verify eligibility (not a felong with voting right removed, not deemed mentally capable, etc.).

Then just prior to voting showing an ID to verify the person casting the ballot is the one that is registered.

Seems like common sense.

.>>>>

Really good article about the Seal video.

their sharpest criticism was saved for Greitens’ discussion of being a Navy SEAL to the public, stating that once a former SEAL begins seeking credit or making money off of their stories, they are shunned by the Navy SEAL community for violating the part of their ethos that states “I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions.”

from that article “It sickens me to hear someone tell people they were a Navy SEAL and a war hero without ever even having served on a platoon,” one SEAL noted. “Eric misleads the American people into believing that he was a Navy SEAL war hero, but he never served as an officer leading SEALs on missions. He earned his SEAL trident, but he never served in the capacity he leads people to think he did. He is the only SEAL officer that I’ve ever heard of who didn’t lead a SEAL platoon.”

OUCH!!

1 Like

I believe being incompetent is the top criteria for Trumplican candidates. I suppose that is so their base can relate to them.

1 Like

Yes, seems that Greitens violated the ethos of the SEALs, which can be found here[1].

Excerpted section that speaks to not advertising (bragging, in Greitens case) or seeking recognition (“ooh, ooh, elect me! I was a SEAL!!!”):

My loyalty to Country and Team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans always ready to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession, placing the welfare and security of others before my own.

Then Greitens never led a platoon, and served only two more years after training, which the SEALs in the article took issue with, as well.

“When you commit to be a SEAL you are committing to the taxpayers to serve four years,” one SEAL explained. “It takes approximately two years to get through training, and the vast majority serve at least four more after they finish training out of a sense of obligation to each other. In our culture, it’s not just about getting your Trident then getting out to talk about it, especially when you never served in a platoon. There is very little respect for a guy who serves the bare minimum of two years after getting his Trident and then gets out, especially if he then promotes himself through being a SEAL which is expressly forbidden by our ethos.

[1] https://www.public.navy.mil/NSW/Pages/EthosCreed.aspx

1 Like