Federal judge blocks new asylum rules

When they overstayed their visa, they became illegal.

But John, not to make blatantly violate immigration law passed by congress.

Allan

Of course it’s not illegal to protect our border… It IS ILLEGAL to deny asylum to anyone who crosses the border seeking asylum, whether or not at a designated port of entry… You know, just like how the law states… The president should work with congress to change the law…

But they are in the United States and can claim asylum.

the president cant keep Mexicans out of the United states (legal and illegal), its not doable.

Allan

It’s up to the President to insure that doesn’t happen illegally.

It’s very doable if there’s a will to enforce our laws. Thus far, until Trump…I’ve not seen the will.

As the federal judge said, under current law, it is not illegal to cross the border, ANYWHERE, to seek asylum…

Exactly, if the president doesnt like any law. he can try and change it though congress.

Otherwise like previous presidents, he will get slapped down in court. Happen to w., Obama and now trump.

Allan

So now you are going to make stuff up. Our Constitution, the Supreme Law of The Land, is crystal clear with regard to repelling invasions.

:roll_eyes:

JWK

President Trump, by the terms of our Constitution, is empowered “To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions”.

You’re attempting to rewrite what the judge said. Here…allow me; Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States

It’s up to the President to insure that the illegal alien is NOT “physically present” and doesn’t “arrive”.

Having spent a few years serving myself, I can assure you, military commanders do not listen to childish legal arguments about their authority under federal law.

There is no law preventing our President from repelling an invasion. :roll_eyes:

JWK

President Trump, by the terms of our Constitution, is empowered “To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions”.

It’s amazing to me that people are here arguing that we should let people enter this country illegally.

In another thread our lib participants will pretend that nobody argues for illegal entry.

1 Like

LOL. How many southern border crossing illegal and captured under trump?

Allan

So don’t bitch my friend. Obviously Trump and ICE aren’t doing anything.

Please, here is that actual TRO…

:roll_eyes:

Applying for asylum is not illegal…

No citizen that I know of argues for illegal entry.

But once here, people can claim asylum, whether legal or illegal.

if you dont like US asylum law.

Change it.

Allan

Preventing invaders from setting foot on American soil is not illegal. :roll_eyes:

JWK