February deficit is a record at $234 billion

The only thing that evaporated was your little fantasy “gotcha” moment when you asked me about the debt. You made a fool of yourself, brah, but you’ll get over it in no time.

I will leave you to it now. :wink:

This should actually be a bipartisan issue for you. The fact that it’s suddenly not is the telling part of this conversation

3 Likes

Dont edit quotes like this…

They can’t be bipartisan on this important issue even after dressing and protesting in the streets.

Sometimes I spend money on things based on what I believe is heading our way and people say, “are you crazy”? Then tomorrow becomes today and there I am possessing exactly what I needed and it’s those same that then ask, “how did you know”? Trump may have messed up and if he did, he still benefitted financially. I’m not naïve to this fact. I also realize that we needed to change direction regarding repatriating our companies back on shore. This was critical IMO. If it doesn’t work, like the times when tomorrow comes and I was wrong…“we” will have to work our way out of it.

If Trump and the republicans weren’t continually raising medicare, medicaid,social security and welfare we wouldn’t have this problem.

Wow. Trump is massively exploding the deficit and you can actually type we have to work it out.

You need to vote for someone like Obama next time. He was actually moving us in the correct direction. The dude you voted for ruined it.

And you think these positive effects will offset not just the current revenue shortfall, but the accumulation of the shortfalls leading up to the present? Just in FY2018, we brought in $200 billion less revenue than we otherwise would have.

Tell me, when has there EVER been a time that tax cuts ended up resulting in paying for themselves?

Hint: never.

2 Likes

House Staaaarrrrrkkkk

1 Like

Its the feds fault or something.

The idea tax cuts solve anything is stupid, absurd, and show a lack of understanding of monetary policy. But as is customary its easy to say cut taxes. Then when it comes time to cut what really matters aka spending not one person is willing to unless its something they arent personally affected by.

Dont cut military spending, dont cut medicare, medicaid, and on and on. We only want to cut things that we dont currently use. Doesnt work that way.

1 Like

Where are your fellow conservatives? You seem quite alineceorrying about the debt these days.

You would think that by now Supply Side would be abandoned for failing to live up to nearly all of it’s predictions.

But as long as rich people can convince lessers to vote against their own interest it will not go away.

1 Like

Theres an old story…

100 cookies on the table, 1 rich person, 1 middle class and 1 poor. The rich person takes 99 cookies gives the middle class person 1 cookie. Then the rich man tells the middle class person, “watch out, the poor person is trying to steal your cookie!”

7 Likes

In our country’s history, there was never a time of mass exodus of our companies that it was necessary to address this phenomenon. New problems sometimes require a new solution…as in this case.

Tax rates have been consistently decreasing for decades. This isnt a “new” thing.

Tax cuts aren’t a new solution, though. They didn’t work for the old problems, why the hell would they work on the new problems? Tax cuts lead to less revenue. Period. The amount of growth they stimulate never makes up for that loss.

Tax cuts aimed at the middle and lower class are more effective than upper earners since the low middle class are more likely to spend it rather than save it.

You may be right but something needed to be done to stop the exodus and so I hope…you’re wrong?