February deficit is a record at $234 billion

That is ■■■■■■■ scary. In my mind, at 26 trillion…“we” are at the point of no return.

Yep. Trump supporters should have been a bit more discerning with their vote. Amirite?

1 Like

Did you support the tax cuts?

Yeah…all you Hillaryites know for sure that if she’d have won the election, “we” would all be eating peaches and cream right now…amirite?

Yes…knowing our debt would react negatively at first but hoping that businesses repatriating their companies and the reinvestment would have a positive outcome in the longrun. “We” aren’t at the longrun yet. This is the “negatively” and it"s ■■■■■■■ scary.

Why didn’t the tax cuts set the economy on fire and make the government flush with cash and paying down the debt?

They did exactly what we said they’d do. Explode the debt and concentrate more wealth in the tippy tippy top percenters.

Why would you think that? With the level of tax cuts we had, we’d have to sustain like 5% growth to recoup the dip in revenues. It just doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

They’re practicing “voodoo economics”.

Gone, along with the summer soldiers and sunshine patriots.

1 Like

If I use myself as an example, I don’t recognize them until my accountant finishes my year end statement. That just happened in January. Since then, I’ve given raises and reinvested thousands. The revenue has to be generated first…then the taxes not taken…then the realization of this new excess that you didn’t have in prior years to decide how best to proceed going forward? The positive effects will take time.

You might want to take a peek at deficit spending over the last couple decades and see what pattern you find. I’ll spot you the increase in spending during the recession under Obama.

Republicans are no longer fiscally responsible/conservative. That’s a big reason I no longer consider myself Republican.

2 Likes

Dude. You voted for this. This gigantic explosion in our deficit is Trump voter’s fault.

Yeah…I know and if things were really positive right now…you’d be kissing my butt in gratefulness…amirite? :sunglasses:

No. History is the best indicator of future acts; why didn’t trump supporters look at his history of bankruptcies and ripping people off and think, “huh… I wonder if he will be any different as pres?”

That would have taken critical thought, though, so it is asking a lot.

1 Like

Oh. You just let us know when trickle down starts working, mmmmkay?

I know you weren’t talking to me, but I’ll say I was hopeful his campaign rhetoric wasn’t just rhetoric. I’d be happy if we simply would have continued on late Obama era status quo. However, he felt compelled to make his mark in any way possible which resulted in irresponsible tax cuts. Irresponsible in that we knew with certainty that unless decades of failed trickledown economics experiments suddenly reversed course, this would be bad for deficits and national debt. And here we are…God help us if the economy slides.

I don’t think there was any chance that the king of debt was gonna come in and fix the deficit or the debt. You guys just fell for that campaign line and caused this problem by voting for him.

That’s exactly what I did and guess what? The ONLY alternative was worse. You should be grateful to me for being able to see what you did not.

I hope it does my friend. I’d like to witness a great time in America…for everybody.

The factor in the equation that changed when attempting to discern the right course, was all of the investment that left our shores. It needed to return IMO and this was paramount.