FBI arrests 2 suspects accused of planning attack on Baltimore power grid

Can’t argue with that.

3 Likes

How stupid does someone have to be to think they can start a “race war” by blowing up power lines? Bet they were led by the nose, much like anyone lapping this dumbassery up. :thinking:

5 Likes

I wonder how this works…the lights go out, and everyone rushes int the streets and the white people blame the black people and vice versa?

I’m not saying the FBI made them do it, it I’m also not NOT saying the FBI made them do it.

2 Likes

Sounds like he just wanted to harm black people this time around.

So-in this case, the benefit of the doubt goes to …?

Very good news that they were stopped.

4 Likes

Yup. Be interesting to see how big the group was minus the fbi influencers.

3 Likes

According to prosecutors, they used open source information on the national infrastructure grid to pick five electrical substations around Baltimore that would, if attacked on the same day, create a “cascading failure” in the system. “The accused were not just talking, but taking steps to fulfill their threats and further their extremist goals,” Sobocinski said.
The FBI views their extremist views as “racially or ethnically motivated,” Sobocinski said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/02/06/maryland-power-grid-neonazi-brandon-russell/

Nobody said they were geniuses.

Russell, 27, is a founder of the Atomwaffen Division, a neo-Nazi group bent on “ushering in the collapse of civilization,” according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

^^^ a 27 year old dipwit that the media is now using to feed the sheople white man baaad ^^^

I’m shocked I tell you…just shocked. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

So you’re giving the benefit of the doubt to…?

1 Like

I can’t tell if they didn’t do it
The fbi forced them to do it
Or they did it but lul it’s not like it was a picture of a poster in a window from Antifa so it doesn’t count.

1 Like

When the authorities searched Russell’s garage, they found explosive precursors ammonium nitrate, nitromethane, homemade detonators[13][14] and an explosive compound hexamethylene triperoxide diamine. HMTD has been used to make improvised explosive devices by groups such as al-Qaeda, and ammonium nitrate and nitromethane were used by Timothy McVeigh, the perpetrator of the Oklahoma City bombing. The authorities also found thorium and americium, two radioactive substances, in Russell’s bedroom. Russell, a former student of nuclear physics at the University of South Florida and a Florida Army National Guardsman, had a framed photograph of Timothy McVeigh in his bedroom.[15][16][17] The authorities also discovered guns, various Atomwaffen paraphernalia and neo-Nazi propaganda.[18]

The FBI issued an arrest warrant for Russell on explosives charges and the FBI bulletin warned he might be planning a terrorist attack. Russell was arrested again with another member in Monroe County. The car they were driving contained assault rifles, body armor and more than 1000 rounds of ammunition which they had acquired after the shooting. Russell claimed the explosives were used to power model rockets, but according to an FBI bomb technician the explosives were powerful enough to destroy an airliner.[19][15] The prosecutors alleged Russell “planned to use the explosives to harm civilians, nuclear facilities and synagogues.”[20]

In September 2017, Russell pleaded guilty in federal court to possessing an unregistered destructive device and illegally storing explosives; in January 2018, he was sentenced to five years in prison for those crimes.[18]

Well. That white man is bad.

How can we be sure, though? I mean, OK- they did find radioactive materials in his garage, along with explosives and Nazi stuff, but still.

1 Like

I have no doubt he is. Still like to know if there were any agents or informants involved in the plot.

The word “informant” is used in the linked article in the OP.

Question being who had the initial idea to target power?

What’s your theory?