FBI agent removed from Russia probe for anti-Trump texts says he’s willing to

“Peter Strzok, who was singled out in a recent Justice Department inspector general report for the politically charged messages, would be willing to testify without immunity, and he would not invoke his Fifth Amendment rights in response to any question, his attorney, Aitan Goelman, said in an interview Sunday. Strzok has become a special target of President Trump, who has used the texts to question the Russia investigation”

Bring it on!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-agent-removed-from-russia-probe-for-anti-trump-texts-says-hes-willing-to-testify-before-congress/2018/06/17/8d144160-7256-11e8-805c-4b67019fcfe4_story.html?utm_term=.75ce28a0e6b4

wow look, something nobody in the trump camp is willing to do…See people this is what having principles looks like. trump voters should take note

This is how a person who believes he’s innocent acts. I’m not saying he is, but this is what I’d expect from a person who doesn’t doubt his innocence.

Alrighty then…sign him up, sit him down and let the questions under oath be asked?

sounds like he is carefully planning to minimize his incarceration. Lying to Congress is a measly 1 to 12 months.

How much time did Clapper get?

Incarceration for what?

he put ketchup on a steak and ripped a tag off a mattress.

Up to 5-8 years.

So he’s going to say that his political biases, as extreme as they were, were not involved in any of his decision making…knowing that is not something that can be proven.
Big deal.

1 Like

How many years did Clapper spend in prison?

Not only was he on the email investigation, he inserted himself into the Mueller investigation. If he had any principles he would have recused himself from both…just as Mueller recused him when his history came to light.
Its not for nothing the IG said he made the FBI look bad.

Is any of that a crime?

Must have missed the part where he was convicted of perjury. Have a link to the ruling?

Just a record of his lying to Congress, most notably about whether intelligence agencies gathered data on millions of Americans. The point is, you are fairly safe in lying to Congress.

Does seem to be the Washington Code of ethics, doesn’t it?

Is it?

I bet it would be enlightening to see the text messages of the agents of the New York FBI office during a similar time period.

Do it. I dare Peter Strzok to do it.

Even thou nothing will happen to him because he’s special…but I still dare him to so it.

He is saying he will, now it’s up to Congress to take up the offer…

One thing that’s fairly amazing is the code by conservatives to presume crimes based on guessing. This is different than a newspaper reporting facts with sources (including anonymous ones), but just all around labeling and guessing that people have committed crimes. It’s all through this thread. Too bad it doesn’t work that way.

1 Like