Favorite Players

Why do you hate the Rams now?

They were a very good team last year and barring injury are my pick to win the superbowl this year. Great coach, very good QB, HoF caliber RB, and a defense full of stellar players, several of which are Hall of Fame bound. And lining up Aaron Donald and DonkeyKong Suh next to each other is basically the NFL version of the Golden State Warriors.

I actually remember that game. I think it was Monday night. Him and Dan Fouts were two greats that never got a ring.

Probably because they moved to LA. But to me they were always the LA Rams.

I know this opinion isnā€™t popular, but I think Aaron Rodgers is overrated. Donā€™t get me wrong, I think heā€™s a good QB, just not a great QB. Like most QBs, he needs a really good team around him to win it all. Heā€™s not a QB like Elway that can bring a team to a SB that has no business being there.

Oh no you dint

Yeah, I did. Aaron Rodgers has his limitations, and it shows every year. Since 2008 heā€™s been to one SB and won it. That team also happened to have the #2 defense in the league. Ever since then the Packers trot out slightly above average teams and expect him to get back to the SB, well he canā€™t.

Idk, his playoff stats are pretty damn good. Packers defense has been terrible since the SB. Rodgers is consistent as crap

Hes also clutch as crap

I agree. Good stats all around, poor defenses, and is good enough to elevate his team to the playoffs consistently. I never said he wasnā€™t good. But the way people talk about him would lead those to believe heā€™s some magic man. Where was he when the Packers got blown out by the Falcons in the 2016 playoffs? I watched him lose 4 straight games in 2012 and 2013 to the Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick 49ers. Two of them playoff games. One of them was a little ugly. What about his heavily favored 15-1 2011 Packers? They got stomped in the playoffs at home by the 9-7 Giants.

But those hail Maryā€™s:)

I think Rodgers is by far the best QB in the league over the last 10 years with Brady slightly below him. Difference is that Brady has the best coach of all time and Rodgers has a very average coach who rides Rodgers coattails. Brady will go down as the GOAT because of his rings but put Rodgers on the Patriots with Belichick and the Pats have 7 or 8 rings instead of just 5 over the last 17 years.

Even though Iā€™m a loyal life long Cubs fan, I can still respect the fact that Yadi will go in the record books, and is one of the best catchers of all time. Heā€™s the type of player that you can build a team around. His pitchers respect his judgements. Therefore most of the time I think that him and most of the Cards pitchers are always usually on the same page.

Agree about Sweetness. Through most of his career the Bears had no passing game. Opponents knew what was coming, but WP still got the job done.

Peyton Manning.

Thatā€™s weird. This thread seemed pretty far buried.

Thee choice of Peyton is so obvious.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad the thread was resurrected, I totally forgot to mention Wayne Gretzky. The things that man could do on ice were surreal. One might almost say magical. Every time I see highlights of that guy I think of this:

Bumping your own thread again?

I think Babe Ruth was my favorite sports player of all time though.

All of that raw, pure, authentic talent. There will never be another one like him.