Far Side comic is coming back

I’ll be honest - didn’t even realize they were gone, much less for 20 years; but always thought the comics were super original and different.

I guess Gary Larson updated his website for the first time in 20 years over the weekend hinting of a comeback.

We don’t actually know, but a change to cartoonist Gary Larson’s bare-bones website has led to rampant speculation that the 69-year-old cartoonist is reviving The Far Side, the uber-popular single-panel strip that featured absurdist humor and ran from 1980 to 1995.

Over the weekend, fans noticed that the website, static for years and maintained by syndicator Andrews McMeel Universal, had been given a facelift. The homepage now showcases an original drawing by Larson of a man using a blowtorch to free well-known Far Side characters from a block of ice. Under the drawing is the notice: “Uncommon, unreal, and (soon-to-be) unfrozen. A new online era of The Far Side is coming!”

Having read that their website was just updated for the first time in 20 years, I started looking up some other old websites that are still up and found this one:

http://www.dolekemp96.org/main.htm

I read every single one of his books, many times. This is huge.

:smile:

2 Likes

Great news!

Interesting. Check out some of his issues. He was saying Clinton was soft on immigration law enforcement and he (Dole) would increase deportations and hire more border patrol agents.

Sounds like a pro Trump Republican to me.

He is that, literally.