Falwell's Jr Straight Up Trump Worshipper

Do you believe evangelicals are excused in supporting an unrepentant adulterer, liar, and thief as their nation’s leader? I thought they held themselves to a higher standard than the world. If not, what makes them any better?

Depends upon what the 300 foot tall Jesus told them when they prayed to him.

Falwell seems content with a much more diminutive Messiah.

1 Like

■■■■■■■■ copout. That’s saying that Christians can be ■■■■■■■■ to people and then just pull out their “I’m not perfect but I’m forgiven” card. And that is a complete load of ■■■■■ If you’re gonna talk the talk then walk the walk. It’s probably why a lot of people see Christians as hypocritical busybodies. You sure are happy to tell other people how to live while turning a blind eye to your own.

4 Likes

No ■■■■■ Sherlock. What was your first ■■■■■■■ clue?

It’s sowed, not sewed. You sew with a needle and thread. Sow is also a female pig, but deal with it. LOL

Judging is God’s business. God is the one who searches hearts. That’s beyond your skill set.

We are also judged with the same judgment that we dish out. Whoa.

Matthew 7:2 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. 3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

I tell you what when I start telling people to not speak up on how wrong adultery is because I have traded biblical morality for politics. I pray God strikes me down.

a school founded by a segregationist is a big fan of Trump shocking.

DRS, it was 10 years ago. A little soul-searching might be in order.

The [quote=“Piper, post:30, topic:10371, full:true”]
DRS, it was 10 years ago. A little soul-searching might be in order.
[/quote]
Falwell should have tried that logic instead of spiking stories.

But his reaction to the investigation shows political concern is more important to him.

It could be the foundation of his faith.

Just as I am, without one plea,

But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bid’st me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come! I come!
Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot;
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!
Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt;
Fightings within, and fears without,
Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind;
Yes, all I need, in Thee to find,
Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Has broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,

None of that explains Falwell’s twitter rage against law enforcement.

I’m not trying to explain the mind of Mr Falwell. I only have control of how I react.

Mr Falwell is just another two bit ■■■■■■■■ artist like any other mega church televangelist shister. He’ll say anything to rationalize his support of a scumbag con man who in all rights should epitomize exactly what moral people should be against. But I think we’re getting a good picture of where the morals of these people really are.

Yep this is turning out like the Bush years where people defended torture in the RF.

i can’t think of a single Trumpist who has discredited himself more than Falwell has. His tweets were cringeworthy, although Erick Erickson’s answers were perfect.

Your hatred of President Trump seems to be clouding your judgment.

From “My Fair Lady.”

Doolittle : Course they are, Governor. If I thought they wasn’t I’d ask fifty pounds.

Higgins (revolted): Do you mean to say that you would sell your daughter for fifty pounds?

Doolittle : Not in a general way I wouldn’t; but to oblige a gentleman like you I’d do a good deal, I do assure you.

Pickering : Have you no morals, man?

Doolittle : Can’t afford them, Governor. Neither could you if you was as poor as me. Not that I mean any harm, you know. But if Lisa is going to have a bit out of this, why not me too?

Higgins (troubled): I don’t know what to do, Pickering. There can be no question that as a matter of morals it’s a positive crime to give this chap a farthing. And yet I feel a rough sort of justice in his claim.

Doolittle : That’s it, Governor. That’s all I say. A father’s heart, as it were.

It is tempting to judge others in the light of our own situation in life. Doolittle was too poor to afford the rich man’s morals, yet he is honest and free of hypocrisy. He will not do anything for money, such as sell his daughter into prostitution, but he would profit from her good fortune.

Poverty and riches give people different perspectives. As tempting as it is for us to judge others in the light of our own situation in life, it is possible that God judges each of us in reference to the degree that we are caught in the smoke of our own chimney. If you’ve had any experience with building a fire, you know that when the room fills with smoke, there is very little that you can do about it. None of us has perfect knowledge.

Not in this case.

Evangelicals being all in for the con man Trump. Makes sense to me.