Fake News Is An Enemy of We The People

If there’s one thing President Trump has done, it’s coin the phrase…“fake news”. I have never seen anything like, the treatment from the press, towards the office of the President. The press has proven themselves to be disgraceful given their lack of respect for Trump IMO.

The press is supposed to be the force that keeps things honest. They work for what’s right and expose what’s wrong? They are theoretically supposed to be the eyes and ears of those that love their country and desire to do the things necessary to promote truth, peace, justice and all the factors required to form the perfect…American way. Something though, has changed? That isn’t the mode of our current press. They have an agenda that’s completely different? I can’t fully understand what it actually is though, so I started this thread?

Why is the press so “fake”? Why do they distort the truth? Do they distort the truth IYO? The truth…at least in my mind…is what they supposedly and historically and what our forefathers, when designing our Constitution…stand for?

The press has been given a special place by our forefathers, who again IMO believed that they would keep the dishonest…honest? They’d be the eyes and ears of those committed in their daily lives, a source, that they could know was honest and a basis to make their vote, promoting what they believed in?

Something has changed though? The current press appears to take what’s honest and present it in a dishonest manner? Walter Cronkite and what I thought he represented, has surely passed. What we have entered into is a new era. It’s one of fake news…where the recipient has to have a guard up, that those American citizens previously, did not need? Historically, a recipient could take what they were hearing on the “news” and for the most part, believe it to be true…thus helping guide their steps going forward. Am I naive in this conclusion?

Sadly…that’s not the case today. The press isn’t neutral. They have turned into a machine designed to manipulate the masses. The press today has become a sheople trough, asking sheople to feed and regurgibleet this message into the circle they congregate in.

Some of you may have noticed my usage of the world sheople, more now, than at any time since I’ve been here in Hannity Land? It’s what I believe our press has “evolved” into? This is a topic of paramount importance to all of us…ALL OF US? What say you? Do you see the press as having evolved into an extension of a political agenda or do you think it’s always been this way or is it somewhere in between? I think this is new? What say you?

5 Likes

Has Trump ever called anything “fake news” that was absolutely true and just critical of him?

2 Likes

It’s always been this way. It’s not new. Exhibit A: FOX news.

Is that your take? Is that how you explain this “maybe” phenomenon I’ve described? Ok…thanks for your participation. Maybe fake…is fake? :sunglasses:

1 Like

You make a good point in that Fox…hasn’t existed, all that long, in the scheme of what we’re discussing. So…did Murdock recognize this phenomenon in 1996 and this was a counter response in the opposite fake direction?

Murdock saw a niche market of sheople and made billions.

5 Likes

That very well could be my friend. It may be just the same, but in the opposite political direction? I believe though, that what I’m describing…is more than that? It isn’t just telling you what you may want to hear? It’s more than that. It’s a manipulation based on a misrepresentation? There is a fine line of difference that I believe “fake news” has crossed?

So you are calling for Trump to stop talking…amiright?
.WW, PHS

1 Like

Thats quite a statement from someone who gets their news from oann

2 Likes

The term existed before this administration but it will certainly forever belong to Trump because it is so well deserved.

1 Like

:rofl:

That may help…1/2 of what I’ve described? I am though, in this thread, attempting to address the 100%. :sunglasses:

Alrighty then…your deep thoughts have been recorded in time. Thank you for your participation. :sunglasses:

1 Like

My opinion is “fake news” is thrown around far too loosely resulting in way too many people dismissing real news labeled as fake by the opposition. Truth is if little interest to many. It’s a sad future we are entering.

Fake news should refer to news that is false, not news you disagree with.

4 Likes

Fake news is meaningless campaign rallying cry. You are really looking for “Bias News”.

The “Media” reports on thousand upon thousands of issues. How many of those are actually fake? What would be an acceptable number of fake articles? 1 of 100000k? 10, 100?

The truth is news real, however they report on what gets them the most eyes or clicks. That is why it is important to look at multiple sources when researching a story.

Trump uses fake news to down play stories that he does not like about him. What he is really saying is “do not focus on me, focus on something else”. Which is bias.

2 Likes

Agreed and…he put this possibility under a microscope that “we” are now currently examining.

1 Like

There is no question that what you’re saying…is a real thing but…it doesn’t explain the whole. The part that it doesn’t explain is what I’m attempting to focus on in this thread and now…sincerely…thank you for your participation.

Trump calls things fake news so his supporters know to dismiss the news without considering its actual veracity. He doesn’t want them thinking critically.

The notion that Donald Trump coined the phrase “fake news” is a prime example of fake news. He borrowed it from others and popularized it but he did not invent it.

The first English newspaper appeared in 1621. Four years later Ben Jonson called the press, "“a weekly cheat to draw money . . . wherein the age may see her own folly, or hunger and thirst after published pamphlets of news, set out every Saturday, but made all at home, and no syllable of truth in them.”

One could wish someone in our age could state it so eloquently.

1 Like

How a reporter “frames” their thoughts and asks questions is what I’m attempting to single out? A good example is when a reporter compares the deaths of the corona virus to those that died in the Viet Nam war is a good example of what I’m describing?

Let us try not to slip down rabbit holes of political comfort and address what I’m attempting to single out…and thank you.