Face book bans Alex Jones, Farrakhan others

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/05/02/facebook-bans-far-right-leaders-including-louis-farrakhan-alex-jones-milo-yiannopoulos-being-dangerous/
In an effort to contain misinformation and extremism that have spread across the platforms, Instagram and its parent company, Facebook, have banned several prominent right-wing extremists including Alex Jones, Infowars, Milo Yiannopoulos, Paul Joseph Watson, Laura Loomer, and Paul Nehlen under their policies against dangerous individuals and organizations. They also banned Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who has repeatedly made anti-semitic statements.

A few weeks ago, I had no idea who Laura Loomer was. I did a couple searches and come to find out she’s a complete bat ■■■■ right wing nutjob…good riddance.

Good.

It is long passed time that this happened.

1 Like

Waits for the stupid first amendment speech argument because they dont understand it

5 Likes

Funny, that’s the first speech I get when someone has violated the rules here. Both sides, non-partisan.

I wish someone would just delete Facebook out of existence.

4 Likes

What speech?

ONE of the problems with most of these banned groups is that they don’t know how to promote their opinions while also adhering to community standards. I don’t necessarily agree with their silencing because of the ensuing persecution complex, and the shear size of this outlet.

Argument.

Freedom of speech here? Lol

Your freedom of speech doesn’t apply to this message board. You should know that.

2 Likes

too bad her buddy Jacob Wohl wasn’t banned, too.

I am glad to see Milo banned- he is just a washed-up hanger on.

1 Like

Farrakhan still making anti semitic statements? I thought he quit that ■■■■■

He really should be.

We can’t even talk to each other directly half the time, this comparison seems like a stretch.

I think you missed it, or I worded it improperly. I was saying that the first amendment argument comes up when I have to give someone a timeout. No, the first amendment doesn’t apply here. I’m not the government. And if you read my second post, I say that these people don’t know how to adhere to community standards like you sweet little angels.

1 Like

Go ahead and boycott it.

Yeah, you are right when it comes to adhering to community standards, whatever they are; I am just whining :upside_down_face:

And a lot of it is the comments section…even FOX has to shut down its own comment section at times because it gets really awful.