EYES IN THE SKY: NYPD Launches New, Cop-Controlled DRONE Fleet over the Big Apple

Originally published at: EYES IN THE SKY: NYPD Launches New, Cop-Controlled DRONE Fleet over the Big Apple | Sean Hannity

The New York City Police Department expanded its aerial protection over the nation’s largest city this week; unveiling a new police officer-controlled drone program called the Unmanned Aircraft System.

Police Department officials say the UAS will allow law enforcement to operate in hard-to-reach crime scenes; including hostage situations, hazardous material incidents, and search and rescue operations.

“As the largest municipal police department in the United States, the NYPD must always be willing to leverage the benefits of new and always-improving technology,” said Police Commissioner James P. O’Neill. “Our new UAS program is part of this evolution – it enables our highly-trained cops to be even more responsive to the people we serve, and to carry out the NYPD’s critical work in ways that are more effective, efficient, and safe for everyone.”

The department plans to deploy at least 11 “small quadcopter drones” in the coming weeks.

It remains unclear if the unmanned aircraft will be used to patrol the Big Apple’s annual New Year’s Eve celebration in the heart of Times Square.

Read the full report at Fox New York.

Administrator, could you please pass on a thank you to Mr. Hannity for the gift? Thank you.

I don’t want to give my name here. Do I have to give my name? I hope he enjoyed the pie.

2 Likes

Democrats= Anti-Police, Anti-Military.