Extremism in the US Military

I am truly sadden to hear your military experience was so negative. My experience wasn’t all positive, and at times I considered separating; however, it was never due to racism but everything to do with careerism. I was taught and always believed, naively, that duty transcended materialistic pursuit of advancement and power. I should have learned far earlier, but I believe in the good of humanity and giri.

Whatever. I have a hard time believing anybody didn’t see racism in the military back then.

I didn’t say I didn’t see any racism, it was simply very rare. I’ve seen experienced more racism firsthand in the private sector in 6 years than I did in my 24 years years in the military. Even more if you consider my non-military experiences during those 24 years in Columbia, SC, North Augustus, SC, and Little Rock, AR. But even then, I wouldn’t say racism was prevalent. Obviously, if I can point out specific instances, it must not have been prevalent. And, even on those occasion, it was elderly gentlemen who pointed out that I should remove myself without hesitation for my own safety.

85-92 and I saw very little if any. We were more concerned about keeping our birds mission ready and working as a team to accomplish that goal.

1 Like

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service. :+1: :grin:

That isn’t true and I operate a business that would dispel that quickly. If you do not provide these qualities, you aren’t employed there. I also find that this same attitude and qualities must also preside in the home, as well as work, if it’s pure?

Well, all I can say is I worked for two county contractors, and the second was worse than the first to the point I ended up resigning rather than sign off on vehicles that failed state mandated inspections. I had sent information regarding the state of the vehicles to FHSA and State DOE after addressing the information with district and regional supervisors. The response, when there was one, simply passed the buck. Oddly, a retired 1SG was my boss under the second contractor and he was far worse than my previous two supervisors who were civilians from the start. Lost all respect for the individual and questioned his performance in the Army.

Then just as performance varies in the army, so it does in the private sector. There are three great measurements of performance in the private sector; profitability, customer satisfaction index and employee turnover. When attempting to rate any business, this is where I’d start.

@csar_king ,

Air Force. NCO and commissioned (Regular… which used to mean something). My experience is the same as yours. People brought together from vastly different backgrounds are bound to have issues. For example, I couldn’t understand my white roommate from deep woods Kentucky. And guys that went out to whores were disgusting in my culture. But so was the preppy ■■■■■■■ from SanFrancisco that had money. And so were the black airmen who would take a whole loaf of bread out from the chow hall…and those who left their kinky springs in the sinks. We lived together and worked together and for the most part got along… because we generally followed orders. We did separate into our own cultures after work. Is that racism?

Whatever this new SECDEFis planning to do, it cannot be anything more than more of the same. In 1972, “race relations” classes were a welcome relief from work… until they became punitive indoctrination sessions where one had to nod their head and say all the right things or be subjected to ridicule by other military members. Oh… we see how well decades and decades of that must have worked… we need a “stand down” now?

I did not encounter many black officers while serving. The one guy at OTS (what the AF calls the commissioning training for non-academy and non-ROTC officer cadets) who was black had some trouble making the physical requirements… lots of muscle but no speed. They let him pass anyhow.

After the Air Force, I encountered even more black people but something was different. In the Air Force, everyone knew they were expected to contribute, to work, to deliver, to produce. But as a civilian, I learned that this phrase was instead the guiding light for many blacks who were not in the military: “I’m entitled”. And there was a retired black Navy O6 that I worked for who was just bizarre. We kinda had a love-hate relationship and would go into one if our scifs, shut the foot thick door and verbally lay into one another because we had such different styles. His approach to the job was “do nothing”. Now how could a man with such laissez-faire management style make it to O6? Affirmative Action… that’s how. And how did that help to achieve racial peace?

The new SECDEF is just going to do more of what has created hostility between black and white men and women in the military.

11 years from me and nothing. I did see sexist behavior, not racist though. And the sexist stuff was severely dealt with. with my help.

thats because the leftist masters have supplied you with the approved evil America narrative you work from.

1 Like

That’s called freedom of association. It’s a wonderful thing.

Has anybody been able to find what they consider to be extremists? If they are going to start a witch hunt, it might be a good idea to define what a witch is. Am I right?

1 Like

They aren’t going to restrict themselves by listing extremist actions or beliefs that 90% of Americans would agree with. It has to be kept vague, so that you can apply it subjectively against political opposition.

define it? lol… there are tests to perform! all we need are some rocks and a pond

Nah, I think the white supremacists on my ship that owned up to it when they were drunk convinced me.

and yet… i don’t believe you.

1 Like

Don’t ever google “Racism in the Air Force”.

don’t ever assume i would care about what race baiting fools claim reality is.

racism exists, it is niether prevelent nor wide spread

1 Like

How about the Air Force itself?