Explostive story on Beto O'Rourke held by reporter till after election

I wasn’t thinking about Kennedy when I wrote my opinion, but thanks for playing.

Hmmm no one would talk?

So how did he know to go and confront Beto before the election about being in that hackers group?

Kind of strange if you ask me.

I watch many different news channels. I don’t limit myself to a single one. (Now that I’m with a TV provider that has more than CNN on the cheap plan)

386?

Man that was like the 8 or 9th gen computer I owned

I started with an Atari 400. I had to install an upgraded keyboard to have a… well, keyboard. It came with one those touch pad keyboards that were used at the time.

Now Commodore 64, that had a real keyboard.

You sure about that?

The 80386 was on the market by 1985.

I had an Apple IIe - and simultaneously, my dad had a 286 that I would play Carmen Sandiego on.

Both of those were older than me.

What story did fox kill.

Link please to the story and that they waited to run it.

Please and thank you.

Not really…he got a tip…he followed up on it…

Omg normal journalism…

Stop trying make normal things into something they arent…thanks.

I’ve still got my original Nintendo (with the Duck Hunt game) but that was new, before that I got a Pong game. Still have both in storage (I hope with the Atari 400).

Way back sometime shortly after dinosaurs left the earth, in computer science clase we had the simple task of writing a pograme for the IIe that would do a digital count from 1 to 10. Then we had to turn in a disk with the program and a print out.

I got mine back with a nice big F on the top and note that it wouldn’t work – and circled in red was the parts of the program that would not work.

So I objected and asked the teacher if they actually put the disk in and tried to run it. They said no. I asked them to – they put it in and it worked. They looked at the program to make sure it was the same as the print out. It was. Teacher to it to the head of the CS section had him look it over. He scratched his head, took my paper and changed the F to an A.

Still don’t know why the thing actually worked, but programing and operating systems back then were a little flaky. And I was one of the dumb one’s in the class :smiley:

I’ve been in IT for 20 years and I’m hoping my grandkids learn some hacking in the future. They’re a bit too young right now but I’ll start showing them the ropes soon.

Really? Playing dumb is your strategy?

You brought it up,

So do you have links or not?

Or do we just take your word for it.

Really?

yes really

It was posted on this forum. Being a political wonk you should have seem it…

No need to take my word for it:

1 Like

When I was in elementary school, we went to computer class and wrote “code” to make a turtle move around and draw pictures. It was a room full of IIes and Commodore 64s.

At home, I realized that if you booted the IIe without a disk, you got a weird BASIC prompt, and proceeded to learn very basic BASIC. I learned basic C++ in high school as well.

But I never cared enough to get really good at it.

Omg you mean he was smart and curious?! What next - he was in a cool band?! Next you’re gonna tell me AOC danced adorably in college.

2 Likes