Explain it like I'm 5: What's the upside of pulling out of the Iran nuclear deal?

no i wont…he is for regime change…Its bolton, he wants to invade almost everyone

And if we use Trump’s record of sticking to what he says and apply it here we’ll be at war by June.

Did Obama’s deal include anything about missiles?

How about a real answer or do you have one?

So your answer to the inevitability of Iran to get a nuke is to do nothing?

Screw what Iran says. We hurt them every way we can until we bring them to heel. That’s what Obama should have done. Instead he wanted a legacy piece and what he got was an Iran that will get a nuke in 10 years, when he was well out of office. What a hero! In the mean time they also got billions of dollars to spread more of their particular brand of joy all over the ME.

M

I believe NAFTA can and should be renegotiated.

I believe the Paris accord should be renegotiated or abandonded altogether.

But this one-term President is halfway through and he hasn’t renegotiated either.

Do we REALLY want yet another deal dancing in the wind?

1 Like

Trump’s Tax Cuts on the middle class say hello!

2 Likes

I’ll be back in June to make you look like a fool.

M

So? You believe Bolton has miraculously had a change of heart? The reality is that there is not a single good reason that has been given for this decision. The American populace is not better protected as a result. There was no “win” for us here that I can envision. Mattis, Pompeo, Coates, and others still in the administration agreed the agreement was serving the objective of preventing Iran from pursuing and obtaining nuclear weapons. Now what? What’s our strategy now that we have pulled out? What holds their feet to the fire? Other than what Bolton craves, which is war?

Yup.

“He embarrassed me at the Correspondents’ Dinner, so I’m going to tear down everything he did no matter how stupid I look.”

I believe that Oryx is being sarcastic.

I don’t believe so. One of the reasons I didn’t like it. It also didn’t address funding of proxy wars and Hezbollah. Among a litany of other issues it should have addressed.

But it did include methods to prevent Iran from progressing towards the development of a nuclear arsenal. Which by all accounts was achieving said objective.

Ok, say that’s true, now Iran has gotten clear that the US is going to impose sanctions. Then what?

Possibilities:

• If Iran remains in compliance on its end, and their’s no indication to date that they haven’t, the other parties to the agreement may not agree to reimpose their sanctions.
  • The hardliners in Iran, who were always opposed to this agreement, now can say “told ya so” about agreeing to anything with the unreliable Satan, and no further agreements will be made

What else?

Why walk away from an agreement that was forestalling “the inevitable,” in exchange for absolutely nothing?

Why separate ourselves from our allies in this agreement, rather than working with those allies to extend this existing agreement into a broader agreement that addresses the other issues? Wouldn’t that have been a more rational approach?

1 Like

What issue is NK having with making their nuclear threat more real?

What has Iran been doing with their missile program since this deal was done?

Iran is going to get a nuclear weapon and there’s nothing we can do about it.

A collapsed nuclear testing and development facility.

Working on it. Which has been an issue that should’ve been addressed up front and wasn’t. And could have been addressed now instead of simply walking away and losing all leverage.

Perhaps. Who knows. But one thing was certain, it was not happening thus far under the current agreement we just withdrew from. And now there is a significantly greater chance it happens sooner rather than never, or later.

Bolton said it was good.

Iran stated they are adhering to the deal even without Us in it. Which makes trump look even more stupid and im fine with that

Besides that. But you knew it was the delivery system.

Why would Iran agree to address it now?
What leverage?

Purely subjective.

Despite how I feel about this I told you libs everything you thought you knew, everything you believed in will be undone, and everything you loved is going to come crashing down around you.

And you libs laugh.

Will I’m laughing. Except for Obamacare which is on it’s last leg it’s like Obama was never was.

Lose decade in terms of polices and economics.