Explain it like I'm 5: What benefits will I be seeing when net neutrality ends next month?

They weren’t in effect long enough to matter.

“Some farmers are even giving laborers benefits normally reserved for white-collar professionals, like 401(k) plans, health insurance, subsidized housing and profit-sharing bonuses. Full-timers at Silverado Farming, for example, get most of those sweeteners, plus 10 paid vacation days, eight paid holidays, and can earn their hourly rate to take English classes.

But the raises and new perks have not tempted native-born Americans to leave their day jobs for the fields. Nine in 10 agriculture workers in California are still foreign born, and more than half are undocumented, according to a federal survey.”

What should the growers be paying to lure Americans $25/hr, $30/hr, more than $30/hr?

Whatever the market price is for that labor, obviously they still didn’t meet it.

Give it a shot. Amuse me.

I’m happy with mine too. Doesn’t change a thing.

Not if your go to position is the more government regulation the better.

Why? Do they not have to abide by the regulations now?

They weren’t in violation of them to begin with.

In Maryland, crabs are staples

A distinction without a difference.

You must be incensed today by Trump’s proposal to add new regulations to the pharmaceutical industry. Or are you going to pick and choose and say it’s OK for the government to regulate some things and not others?

1 Like

medicines

internet access to Facebook

both life and death issues

Both technologies being regulated by the government. Why should I care about expensive drugs that I don’t use? Why should the government, in a free market capitalist society, be able to tell a private business how much they can and can’t sell their products for?

1 Like

That is a ridiculous leap of inanity, right off the charts.

Communications companies have proven themselves among the worst of the worst continuously for almost as long as they’ve been around.

Ah. So there are rules and regulations depending on the situation. Care to outline them so we all know how we are supposed to abide?

1 Like

the rules are in the constitution

Feel free to point them out in making your case.

Thanks for explaining it to us ignorant peons in such a clear fashion. Here I had thought that the ISPs like Comcast and AT&T were using this to defend their media offerings from OTT providers; how foolish of me to not realize that they are just altruistically protecting us!

1 Like

Except for when they can steer consumers to their content offerings by hamstringing the competition. Speed is the tool, not the limiting factor.

CMI wrote

You libs don’t have a first grasp on where we are with technology.

I’ll read the rest of your post when I’ve stopped laughing. It’ll be a while.