Executive Order on “Ghost Guns”?

It’s not a law. It’s an executive order, and I am sure that it will make it way to the courts.

Allan

Ahh. So changing written law by executive order. Yup, that’s how our nation works.

3 Likes

Actually yes.

The POTUS is the chief executive of land.

It’s always been that way.

Or did you miss the trump years somehow.

Allan

Look at the way he modified immigration law with an executive action.

Allan

Incorrect. In theory the chief can choose to not enforce a written law, but can’t choose to enforce something that isn’t law.

2 Likes

He didn’t to my knowledge. He enforced laws on the books that the previous president had chosen not to.

1 Like

Remain in Mexico. As opposed to release in America.

That’s a modification of existing law.

Allan

POTUS is a powerful position.

Allan

Release in America was never a law. The actual law says they have to claim asylum in the first non hostile country they enter after fleeing. That would be Mexico.

1 Like

:thinking: Do you really need answers to those questions?

2 Likes

Need. No, I don’t need them.

The questions themselves are an answer in and of themselves. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I can hardly wait to see the definition of what he wants to outlaw. :wink:

Two answers the question: is his administration mentally deficient?

Three answers: is it really about “gun violence”?

I may have to put together a list of liberal “friends” who I know don’t have guns to rat on. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah … I saw a picture of one of them armed with Nancy Pelosi’s lectern. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Considering that practically no guns are recovered at crime scenes unless the shooter is either apprehended or shot, the whole idea that tracing serial numbers solves crime is a myth perpetuated by movie and TV script writers.

3 Likes

Wow! There’s a silly nitpick. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I suppose many do claim asylum in Mexico. But there is no such law that one must. You’re thinking of a Trump-era rule which was struck down by the 9th circuit and is still in appellate status.

Nope.

Allan

“Ghost guns” are “non-serialized”. If I as an enthusiast, tinkerer and all around nice guy build one and want to sell it to you it has to be “serialized” and the proper paper trail established. If we don’t, the FEDERAL LAWS THAT ALREADY EXIST, have some stiff penalties for violating that law.
J’Biden is bending over (again) to the leftist gun grabbing agenda. Confiscation of your property is right around the corner folks and it will begin with expansion of “red flag laws”.
Of course nowhere does the discussion of illegal guns take place, criminals are always compliant with all laws associated with firearms. It’s those law abiding gun owners the leftists have trouble keeping in their place.

2 Likes