Ex-Trump adviser tells black Fox News guest he's out of his 'cotton-picking

didn’t spell out that word. Was there some hesitation?

Stingy, stingy, stingy, stingy, stingy, stingy…

stingy, stingy

I think you knew.

I was wondering when you were going to turn into a troll like the rest of the Trumpvidians, looks like that day has come.

Man, when something goes over your head, it goes straight into lunar orbit.

Brilliant!

1 Like

Weak.

Very.

Indeed. It has. Please point it out for me.

this racism must stop

yeah use the word niggardly and you will get your larynx crushed…

Oh for the love of God
***** face in palm *****

Cotton picking???
Of all the things to get bent out of shape about, this term would be at the bottom of the list…hell I’m black and I’m like whatever.
Libs…stop it…calm down, it’s really not that serious. Cons…shut up, you guys seem to like this type of low hanging fruit as if this is proof that there aren’t any racists among you.

Yep, agreed!

I would agree there is levels to ignorance and racism… and this would be pretty low on the list. However I am not for giving an inch on stuff like this. Nope not onnnnne inch.

If you are white, Don’t say this to a black person period. End of story. It isn’t hard.

Don’t call a grown black man “boy”
Don’t call any black person the N word… “a” or “er” doesn’t matter
Don’t say any black person is out of their “cotton picking mind”
Don’t associate liking friend chicken and watermelon to black people only
Don’t call our hair “nappy”
Don’t generalize us by calling us “lazy”
Don’t ask why you can’t say any of the above

There I just gave every white person a cheat sheet as to what is offensive to black people. It is not a comprehensive list, but it is a great start!

2 Likes

That pretty well covers it.

Don’t be stupid. If you use that around black people I can’t guarantee you won’t walk away bruised.

This list doesn’t even cover micro inequities/aggressions that I see everyday. I wouldn’t call these racist but definitely ignorant…

1. White guy shakes 2 white guys hands before me and when that same guy gets to me it’s some Lebron James type Hand shake or a fist bump
  2. Conducting and interview panel with 3 other white people… interview 2 white candidates that are well spoken but no one comments… interview black candidate and every comments on how well spoken he/she is
  3. Out at the beach and white people saying I wish I had your skin, it’s so hard to tan

I can go on and on. My wife is white and age is guilty of number 3 lol. I just make it a teaching moment

then why did you say such a racist thing?

I have to agree in part and I will admit that is a good list to start.
The thing that burns me up when we complain are the dismissive responses. However, say something derogatory about Jewish people or anyone one else…

I’m going to add to the list…

• Don’t ever say You’re different, not like them, the other ones…
  • Don’t say, “you look like…”. We don’t all look alike.
  • Don’t say, “you people…”
  • Don’t say, “All lives matter…”
  • Don’t say, “you speak so well”
  • Don’t say, “I don’t see color, I don’t care if you’re black white, yellow, red or pokadot…”
  • Whenever discussing race, for the love of God stop saying, “…I don’t judged by the color of skin but by the content of character…”, as if that was the only line from “I have a dream” and as if that was Dr. King’s only speech…EVER.

So you don’t call people blood clots?

LOL!
Though I speak patois, that was a term I wasn’t allowed to say growing up. I may say it from time to time when vexed, but many times to keep from cursing, would replace a term like that with a cleaner term like, “blouse & skirts”.

What isn’t racist anymore?

A black child can’t get modeling assignments, like that at H & M, with a shirt with a monkey on it because that’s racist.

Now this nonsense?!

It’s a very old phrase, never used exclusively towards black people.

Why is it so many any more want to be treated as sensitive, fragile souls that we don’t want to see broken, so we have to watch every little word that comes out of our mouths and practically read ourselves the first two lines of the Miranda Warning before daring to express an opinion?

“If we all just spoke respectfully towards each other we would never have any issues like this.”

Agreed.

Thing is, with some, there is a list of slurs and expressions that are quite old, and never used exclusively with one group, that are unforgiveably offensive, but if you dare slur different people–whites from the south, conservative voters, U S Military Personnel, Christians, for example–that’s O K.

That’s what fries my last nerve. It’s unforgiveable for this group, but not that one. Many don’t want equal treatment, but special treatment.

1 Like

“Stingy” is now offensive?

In translations of the Qu’ran, for example, it is used against those who don’t share with their fellow believers who are struggling, perhaps going hungry.

How is it offensive?