Ever get the feeling that libs are not being totally honest? I do

Breathing gives me gas.

What do you want?

Thatā€™s quite a broad question.

A few off the top of my head.

Term limits.
Balanced budget amendment.
All campaign dollars must be from individual citizens. No groups, no PACs or Super PACs.
More severe punishment for those businesses who employ illegal immigrants.
Churches are taxed.

1 Like

Altair, stop listening to talk radio. All they are trying to do is to dehumanize liberals by demonization. You are falling for their divisive ways.

Iā€™m a liberal. I love capitalism. All my liberal family and friends feel the same way about capitalism.

Too bad none of that will ever be in a Democrat platform.

So in what way are you liberal?

LOL -Yā€™all ainā€™t foolin nobody no mo.

In what way are you liberal?

Borgia. Stop making assumptions and stop giving advice. You may love capitalism, but your party would shut down all opposition by force. If they could.

Iā€™ve always considered myself as moderate.

I think that healthcare should be available for everyone.
I think that LGBTQ community deserves the same rights as everyone else.
I am pro-choice.
I do not want big businesses getting massive tax breaks. Local and small businesses should get more tax breaks.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a falsehood initiated by CEC.

Yep, thatā€™s certainly what talk radio says liberals believe.

Might want to follow your own advice. [quote=ā€œaltair1013, post:29, topic:5587, full:trueā€]

Borgia. Stop making assumptions and stop giving advice. You may love capitalism, but your party would shut down all opposition by force. If they could.
[/quote]

Iā€™m a conservative. And I believe the same. But I struggle with abortion. I would let the states decide.

LMAOā€¦ The bay area around San Francisco is probably one the most liberal metropolitan areas in the country and is THRIVING on capitalismā€¦ The New York City metro areaā€¦ the sameā€¦ In fact, most metro areas in the country would probably be considered ā€œliberalā€ by the OP yet they are where most of the wealth is concentratedā€¦ If liberals hate capitalism, they are doing a terrible job hating itā€¦

I truly dislike when blanket statements (and Iā€™ve been guilty of it) are used to cover one party because of a small group within that party that tends to make headlines or am the loudest.

When I see statements like ā€œliberals want to silence the oppositionā€. Thatā€™s not true. There might be some. But most want other voices heard.

I feel that our country is very divisive, and it comes from both sides. Its only going to get worse. Every shooting, every person thrown out of a restaurant, every decision is always labeled with a political party affiliation. Why? Does it make some people feel better so they can point fingers?

1 Like

That is one thing that I never see any of the Cons (& Trump supporters) do around here. They would rather believe the face that the CEC puts on us. Almost all the time when you hear someone in the CEC say, ā€œlet me tell you how the liberals think (feel)ā€¦ā€, you will hear complete and utter falsehoods.

Good griefā€¦smh

Look guys and ladiesā€¦There has to be balance between the 2 political ideologies. Technically they need each other, too much of one will have disastrous consequences on the country. A conservative heavy government or a liberal heavy government would both have the same results, oppression of the American people. We would either look like the former Soviet Union, current day Russia, a Nazi Germany, or maybe a Christian version of Iran in which all 4 would be ruled as a Plutarchy (Oligarchy and plutocracy combined).

We sit here on these boards day after day debating about the evils of liberalism and conservatism, without once thinking the 2 actually should be going hand in hand instead of totally opposing each other. Do we really want a conservative only country? Do we really want a liberal only country? If you say yes to either one of those questions, then youā€™re a fool and a slave to your political ideology. The true answer should be hell no. We should run, not walk away from the idea of having a solely conservative America or a solely liberal America. There has to be a balance in order for us to keep America that great shiny castle on a hill. We are literally losing our soul as a nation with this, ā€œmy teamā€ vs. ā€œyour teamā€ mentality.

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to see a thread that could engage in an honest exchange on what they believe would continue to make America be the best. No jabs, no blanket statements, just an understanding from posters where they fall on issues. No assumptions on what the other side think or would do or say.

Sadly either the thread would degrade to the typical finger pointing or it would be 10 replies long.

O.kā€¦ How do we pay for it. The last time we tried that I got screwed over.

ok.

If they donā€™t get them they will likely move to where they can. A business had to balance expenses against income. If itā€™s too expensive to operate in one location they will move to where itā€™s cheaper. Thatā€™s not evil, itā€™s just business.

Ok.

^ Groomed to be comfortable with that.