Even The First Lady "hates to see" children seperated from their families

Seeking asylum is not illegal.

I’m talking about getting caught by immigration law enforcement as an illegal alien residing in the USA, and during that process, and during the arrest the parents claim asylum.

1 Like

It really makes a mockery of the process.

That is also legal as long as they have not been in the country for over one year.

It’s known as “defensive asylum” and also is completely legal.

see the things you learn on Hannity.

Allan

Maybe maybe not. But completely legal under current law.

Allan

I have not been watching or listening to Hannity for a few weeks at least. My bad.

Residing in the USA illegally, is the part that is illegal. Being caught illegally residing in the USA, and then claiming asylum at the hearing, is what causes these long delays. The state has to process the illegal residency and the asylum cases at the same time, causing extended detention periods. This drags out the asylum process over the three week mark, and forces the state to observe the law, andt separate the children from their parents.

Or they could just keep the children together with their parents as it was under Obama and Bush 43. There is nothing in the asylum law that says children and their parents must be separated.

Thats Trumps new and improved policy. to rip the children away.

Allan

First they need to verify that the adult with the children is their parent or legal guardian, and not some child slaver, or some other stranger.

And as i pointed out, there is a thirty year old law law which I think mandates that minor children cannot be detained for more than three weeks, and by law, must be cared for by child protective services.

So how did 43 and Obama do it. Magic trick?

Allan

First, you’re wrong. I can show you PICTURES from the Obama era that look EXACTLY like the pictures we are seeing right now - children in “cages” with foil blankets wrapped around them and NO parents in evidence at all.

Secondly, asylum seekers are NOT the problem. They can go to a Port of Entry and NEVER have their children taken away from them while their cases are dealt with. These are ILLEGAL ALIENS who jumped the fence and then tried to claim asylum.

It doesn’t WORK that way. That is AGAINST the LAW. We prosecute law-breakers. We CANNOT keep kids in jail so they then have to be separated UNTIL they are placed - usually VERY QUICKLY - OR their parents are returned back from whence they came.

Wanna keep kids with parents? DON’T break the law. It is THAT SIMPLE.

M

Of course that’s what you want because that doesn’t solve anything it just creates even bigger problems.

If they entered the US illegally they already violated the law which is why they are immediately deported if their asylum claims don’t hold up.

It’s NOT “TRY” to claim asylum. it is their right under the law to claim asylum.

If people want to change the asylum law. Have at it.

Allan

The whole thing is the the asylum system is broke. Backlogged beyond belief.

Allan

How to claim asylum to clear up mis ideas.

Allan

You have to enter a port of entry to claim asylum. Otherwise, you will be arrested and that will GUM UP your claim of asylum, while the government tries to figure out what’s really going on, since you BROKE THE LAW to allegedly do that which you need not break the law to do.

While they try to figure that out, your kids will need to be protected - possibly even from YOU, since we have NO IDEA if they are really your kids at that point. You BROKE ONE LAW - why should they believe you did not break others?

M

Of course it is due to all of the border surges during the last administration. Fraudulent asylum claims are up several hundred percent as a direct result and due to the fact these people are being coached on how to present such claims to get to stay in the US.

You can claim asylum even if you enter illegally which is part of the problem.

When over 70% of claims are determined to be fraudulent is that any surprise?

There are 192 Democrats in the House. That is not a GOP Congress.

Republicans have never been as easy to get to vote as a bloc as democrats.