Even Deep Red States Don't Want To Enforce E Verify

Exactly right. Republicans would throw a lip service regarding immigration enforcement to its base, using it the same way it did flag burning amendments and marriage amendments, and with the same amount of seriousness. Eventually the base realized this and therefore…Trump.

No different than being required to calculate their own tax liability.

That makes no sense in the context of the discussion. I do not believe a business should be at risk of being sued by a potential employee if they submit their information to an E-Verify system that the government requires them to submit to, and then a false failure comes back as a result of there being a problem in the government’s system which flags them as an illegal when they are really not.

Short of electronic monitoring, what did you have in mind?

Who knew immigration was so complicated!

I have been to countries where I had to submit a fingerprint and have my photo taken upon entry and check in before I left. I had to give them a date I would leave on.

If you have to show your visa to rent you would lose your home and job ideally.

If only the GOP had spent the last 18 years actually being what they claim to be for they could have picked up what should have been natural constituency and those 18 year olds would be voting GOP.

Instead they always faked it and then finished themselves of with Trump.

Oh, I agree with that. If they can show they took due care at their end, there would be no basis for such a suit.

2 Likes

100% agree to me Illegals should not be able to find work in the country period finding work here is the primary reason they come.

The incentive needs to be removed, if we have a shortfall in labor and we need to bring in unskilled workers fine but that flow needs to be controlled. It is a big problem and requires a lot of work which is why both parties just throw lip service to it.

2 Likes