Even Chris Christie doesn't want the job

Even Chris Christie doesn’t want the job of White House chief of staff. Hmmm…maybe Kim Davis? She has some experience as a county clerk and she’s between jobs.

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) declined the White House chief of staff role on Friday, making him the latest high-profile candidate who’s no longer in the running for the influential post.

Christie and President Trump reportedly met Thursday evening to discuss the role of replacing current chief of staff John Kelly, who will be departing by the end of the year.

“It’s an honor to have the President consider me as he looks to choose a new White House chief-of-staff,” Christie wrote in a statement shared by Maggie Haberman of The New York Times on Friday. “However, I’ve told the President that now is not the right time for me or my family to undertake this serious assignment. As a result, I have asked not to be considered for this post.”

1 Like

Let Jared do it. He already sucks at his 10 other jobs.

6 Likes

Christie isn’t stupid.

He is happy with his legacy of being a crappy governor… no need to top that off by hopping on the flaming clown car going off the cliff.

There hasn’t been this much apprehension about a job since the defense against dark arts position oppened up

5 Likes

The Drummer for Spinal Tap is a safer position.

2 Likes

He did this to spite fat donald.

2 Likes

Being the lone red shirt on a Kirk, Spock, Uhura, McCoy away mission is safer

4 Likes

No doubt. There was absolutely no reason to make a public statement. He did it because he’s bitter at Trump treating g him like trash.

Re uping this

The story revealed that Trump’s very own transition team had raised several million dollars to pay the staff. The moment he saw it, Trump called Steve Bannon, the chief executive of his campaign, from his office on the 26th floor of Trump Tower, and told him to come immediately to his residence, many floors above. Bannon stepped off the elevator to find Christie seated on a sofa, being hollered at. Trump was apoplectic, yelling: “You’re stealing my money! You’re stealing my ■■■■■■■ money! What the ■■■■ is this?”

2 Likes

Fat donald straight up sounds like a mob boss right there. You’re stealing my money!!! :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ve had that book on hold for awhile, it’s waiting for me now, I can’t wait to pick it up. Been looking forward to reading this one.

1 Like

Foxnews has the solution

2 Likes

This is like someone from high school who got rejected, meeting that person later in life… but no, they did not suddenly become great looking or successfull (in fact, they got WORSE)… but they saw weakness and threw the rejection right back at them. LOL!

1 Like

Trump has so many people vyong for the job that it will take years to carefully consider the right one…

Because trump only hires the best and brightest and that takes time…

I think Trump said that his duodenum has more brains than most of the smart people he hires.

I KNEW that was going to come up.

1 Like

I had to laugh when I saw it on the website.

Pretty soon they’ll be saying things like, “Does President Trump NEED an Attorney General?”

Or, “Does President Trump actually need cabinet secretaries?”

1 Like

Redundant position, the president is obviously the Chief of Everything

2 Likes

I can’t for the life of me picture Christie taking orders from anyone much less Trump, at least not day in and day out. He just isn’t cut out for that job. They’d be at each others throats in short order.

Keyboardist for The Grateful Dead………………

3 Likes