EU Moves to Blunt Effect of US Withdrawal From Iran Agreement

Wha? You’re talking about a collection of countries with completely different leaders.

Are you denying it was in America’s best interest for EU to expand towards Russia? Are “new” conservatives now against Reagan tearing down the wall? Sheesh, you comrades will do anything to support your man crush!

Yes I am denying it was our best interest.

Now I noticed you’re seriously lacking integrity because you didn’t answer my question…when I clearly just answered yours.

Are we going to have two way conversation our are you going to play games?

Yes, it was in America’s best interest to help prevent communism from spreading deeper into Europe!

So are you now against Reagan tearing down the wall?

I believe European and NATO expansion up to the border with Russia was and still is in the best interests of the United States.

I’m not sure about the long game but now and for the next few decades it would behoove the US to make tge Ukraine etc. part of NATO establish bases and missile defenses there, maybe even a NATO military academy etx. there.

EU expansionsim? do you mean countries leaving the soviet union for democracy?

You would love it then.

Best interests in that they evaluate combination of the buisness interests, foreign policy interests and others and come to their own conclusion.

Its odd for the one member of the alliance who pulled out of the agreement to call the others (who followed the alliance’s agreement) “disloyal” or “sell outs”.

yeah, i hate to say it but we are the ones that pulled out.

My point being we did not teach the Oligarchs to be rotten. There was rot in Russia under the Czars, and under the red flag, and now.

You cannot lay it at our feet.

When I lived in China at the sunset of the bad years a Chinese friend insisted that if you give the Chinese an emporer they will turn it into an oligarchy, run by a wealthy ruling class, “the landed elite.”

But if you give them Commumism they will turn it into an oligarchy run by a wealthy ruling class, "the party’s inner elite.

And if you give them capiltalism they will turn it into an oligarchy run by a wealthy ruling class, “the industrial elite.”

He was all in favor of capitalism but he was quite realistic about its limitdms and in no way shape or form would he blame America if Chinese “market reform” produced oligarchs.

Your language is much different. You seem to portray the US and/or the west as the source of everything bad.

1 Like

EU moves to protect EU companies… outrage.

Putting corporate profit ahead of common decency and common sense security. Gee you’d think these guys sold stuff to both sides of the Iran-Iraq war, did business with Apartheid era S Africa Pol Pot etc. etc…

In some worldview
“Anything for a dollar” is bad “Anything for a Euro” is good. sigh

so EU should drop the Iran deal because America said so?

what deal is America offering in its place?

The EU should be leading the way, trying to convince other countries that blood money is a bad thing.

Iran should be completely isolated until it

• gives up, not just slows down its nuclear ambitions
  • halts all ICBM research
  • stops supporting proxy wars and terrorism.

Europe likes to view itself as morally superior to the US when in fact that is fsr from the cases. My like the opposite is true.

Trump should have handled things better but Europe is still (metaphorically) buying Jewish heirlooms and selling Zyklon B.

EU is pushing the Iran deal.
If you want them to drop it offer them something better.

The deal the EU is pushing is

• US stop sanctioning Euro corporations
  • Euro corporations do business with Iran.

Blood money. Europe wants its blood money. The US won’t sell out.

It’s funny seeing Trump’s comrades be all about America first but chastise Europe for wanting to be Europe first! It won’t be long before China fills the vacuum and makes better deals with EU…

I am not a Trump supporter. I do seem to recall accusations that the US is bad when its corporations do business with dangerous bloody dictatorships. In fact Obama went on an apology tour.

Now somehow everything has changed
well everything except that the left is still portraying the US as the bad guy. That stayed the same.